XXIII

"You can't expect to fulfil your lacking just using your pretty face, got it?"

Seonghwa lightly nodded and put his eyes on his feet. Even if he managed to rank in the first eight positions in every episode, the judges and some coaches kept telling him that it was just a matter of luck, that fan loved him because of his good-looking. Was it true? Probably, but he still felt confident enough to think that it wasn't just for his appearance. Thanks to the two months intensive training, he had improved a lot as a singer, dancer and, above all, as a performer. He had charisma and energy and managed to fit every concept he was given.

This made him to work even harder than before. It didn't make any sense to debut and everything if no one recognised his talent.

___ • ___

"You did well, Seonghwa. It isn't your fault, Yunho and Mingi are more focused on dancing so you were at disadvantage. But still, you and Yeosang danced very well. I can see some chemistry between you two." San was resting his head on Seonghwa's lap, while the taller was brushing his pink hair. Their gaze was blank and directed to an empty spot in the air.

"You think? I don't know, honestly... I'm trying to get closer to him, I wanted to take advantage of this week to stay alone with him, but I guess he's not interested. Maybe he's straight, though. Maybe he never told you in these years. Who knows."

"Who in the Earth would be straight with you flirting with him, come on Seonghwa."

"Oh, shut up." Seonghwa hit a little San's head with a laugh.

The two were sharing the room since they moved. This made their relationship even closer.

"And what about you and Wooyoung?"

"Honestly... I don't know." San left a sigh.

Wooyoung was a mystery. The way he acted with people was cryptic. That week of practice together had made them talk a lot about their personalities and their background stories: San didn't say a lot about his life before moving, he just mentioned that he did Taekwondo, then decided to quit. Instead, Wooyoung talked a lot about his family and his history with dance training. He seemed very proud of it. San always had an interested smile when the other talked, considering it a privilege, since the dark-haired wasn't the most social person on Earth.

In fact, just that day, when they were supposed to perform together, his attitude changed again. And San was struggling to know if it was about him or just something in Wooyoung's mind. Which didn't make any difference, by the way. It always reflected in their relationship.

"He's hard, Hwa. I can't read him. I can't get if he likes me or..."

"I think he does. I know him, he doesn't let anyone enter easily in his thoughts. And he does with you. I think that when you danced together, the day with the special lesson thing, he felt something with you. He never told me but I got it. He's just... Scared of letting people in."

"Then what happened today?" San asked more to himself.

"I... I don't know. Maybe he needed to stay alone."

San sighed in response, again. He couldn't stop thinking about the previous hours, when they danced together on stage. Hell, it was intense. Ten times more than their last try in practice room. Which was hard even by itself. When Sad had rewatched the video the first time, he became the same color as his hair. Luckily, he never lost his focus during the dance, but he went very close to. Wooyoung's attitude, his gaze, the way his body moved, was everything. He could spend hours looking at him.

That day, the makeup and the outfit did the rest. San had to recollect his whole self-control not to accidentally fall on Wooyoung's body. Or whatever. I mean, everything would be great, like, step on me if you want. He kept thinking about that deadly look the dark-haired boy gave him. Like, how he dared to look that way like it could be handled? And the closeness? And the almost touching lips?