XLI

What?

This, for sure, gained everyone's attention. Among all those things that could happen, this one wasn't even in the list.

But now, everything made sense.

Why they eliminated one more person in the previous episode.

Why they showed only short clips at the beginning.

Because this isn't the end.

Some silent seconds followed. A soft light was emphasizing the silhouettes of people on the stage. Some particular features were standing: some taller guys, some particular hair. Near the center, there was a short and tiny guy with a little ponytail.

That's it. San was losing it. The grip on Seonghwa's leg was tightening and the older knew exactly the reason. Soon after, the lights turned on, illuminating a whole group of fifteen ex trainees. Among whom there was, of course, Jung Wooyoung.

San's lips betrayed his intentions as he smiled widely. Too wide, but no one was looking at him. His ears twitched to catch every following word of the presenter, despite being, actually, totally distracted by the image of the other guy.

"Do you know them, right?
Tonight, they're going to perform again on this stage, making a solo, just like you. Then, the audience at home will vote for two people to come back to the competition.

Next week, you will compete for the final spots. This time, for real.

The public will also vote for you, who have gained a spot in the finals. The votes will reflect in next week ranking."

This means that San's mistakes could represent a problem for his position, but right now he didn't care. He was just expecting Wooyoung to do his best performance ever and conquering his place there. The one he deserved for sure. He wasn't even thinking about the possibility that there are fifteen people in total. I already failed once, I can do twice for sure.

Which was Wooyoung's thought, though.

He was shaking out of worries, having a hard time to keep breathing. Stepping again on that stage wasn't something he was ready for.

"You can just sit and see the other performances, now. Consider it as a break."

San's blood was trailing faster than a normal pace in his veins, something made him sure that everyone in that room could hear his heartbeat. He didn't mind feeling that exposed. It seems like the only thought that he had had for days, convincing himself that he had buried it down in his mind, but not succeeding in it, had finally his chance to break the walls and hammering out loud.

He followed every single movement of Wooyoung, like he had forgotten how he looked, which of course he didn't. The following time seemed very short yet too long, waiting for the ravanette's performance. The music arrived muffled at his ears, because his heart was doing better. Of course, he hadn't the possibility of talking with anyone at the moment, so he managed to hold everything back until the ending of the episode.

Wooyoung, who was known for being a great dancer, did a very surprising stage.

Everyone, including the judges, was expecting some powerful choreo, but this wasn't happening. Not at the beginning. Instead, he started singing a very slow song, staying still on a stool. He looked so concentrated, eyes shut and shoulders bouncing up and down, failing his willingness to show confidence and calmness.

He sang the first half of the song like this, and the audience was so taken aback that it was about to fall down. The oblivious world in which Wooyoung was throwing everyone in felt everything but uncomfortable. When the chorus started, his voice raised, and he stood up. The pitch was higher, and the veins swollen on his neck, showing all the effort he was putting. Was he having some difficulties? Maybe, but this didn't stop him from starting dancing. He started to do some contemporary steps which, for sure, very few people inside that room were able to do. And everything while still singing, holding every note perfectly.