XXVII

hey! i suggest you to listen to this song before reading the chapter (or maybe in the meanwhile?) so it'll be a lot clearer (i hope) 

the rest of my comment is at the end

btw their performance is from 00>1.00 and then 1.58>until the end kind of

.

.

The following day, Wooyoung and San were scheduled for a longer time in the practice room. That was perfect, since they had to set up the whole step sequence, which was the hardest part. Though, Wooyoung thought they could easily do it. Well, maybe not that easily. San showed himself strangely uncomfortable the previous day. It was absolutely the first time seeing him like this. Wooyoung wanted nothing to help to release that tension and build something with their souls. He had craved for that since weeks before.

He went a bit earlier in the studio, as usual, since the schedule was for the morning there was no one before. He did the warmup on some lofi and k-hiphop songs, so he could get into the mood. Then, he did a little freestyle session just to wake up a little more.

Meanwhile

San had set his alarm an hour before the usual time. He got up and brushed, then put his earphones and started to listen at the song. Not that he had any idea about what to do, but he wanted to start thinking about something, some more ideas to draw later with the steps. He got even more and more hints during the night, which were all written in his phone and sent to Wooyoung, in the middle of the night. Of course, the other was sleeping, but San couldn't help himself from dancing, that day.

Besides the power of the willing to stay under the blankets in that safe hot spot, he remained up, at the other side of the room not to bother the poor sleeping Seonghwa. He moved his body as Wooyoung suggested the previous afternoon, chasing his thoughts in a non-rational way. He spent an hour like that.

That's when he figured out he could go to the practice room, so he packed everything and slowly came out the room.

He could see the lights were already on. He chuckled. That must be Wooyoung.

As he entered, his theory got confirmed. Luckily, he was stepping to turn down the music.

"You always like to come earlier to practice, don't you?" San said with a grin, throwing his bag to the floor. Wooyoung responded with a shy smile.

"There's still half an hour left before the schedule time, then what you're doing here?
Plus, it didn't look like you were dreaming this night." He said it with a teasing tone, but he was actually very happy to see San so involved with that task.

"Well, I guess I look good even with dark circles, don't I?" San responded ready with a wider smirk. The flirty look and words made Wooyoung blush a little, so he looked away to avoid the other's eyes. San just realised that and blushed too, and right after talked again not to make the air heavy. "Anyway, I need to warm up so you can go on with whatever you were doing."

"I don't mind, I just finished. I was freestyling. If you want too, I can put some musi-"

"No need to." They started to stare at each other in silence. Yes, it was awkward as hell. The first one to look away was, surprisingly, San, who walked to start stretching. Wooyoung stayed at the other side of the room browsing his sketchbook and trying to recollect all his thoughts about the song.