XXV

At lunch time the trainees were all in the cafeteria, as usual. What they didn't expect was a staff member to stick some paper to the wall with some instructions written on it.

One boy walked to it to read the content. His eyes widened.

"Oh, that's what we have to do for next week! We only have... Three days!
We must record some videos and the fans have to vote as well. They will air those ones together with clips of the practices, etc, etc, as usual."

"Then, what do we have to do?" someone asked. After it, the crowd of boys rushed to read the sheet.

"You're paired again but this time the performance it's all up to you.

You have to make a performance by yourselves with your couple mate. You can choose what type of performance: dance, sing or rap. No full performances needed, just one skill to underline.
You have three days to prepare for it. Then, you will be recording in studio and your videos will be posted on our social medias.
After that, you will be assigned a song and a group and you'll have to prepare a full performance in the following three days before the broadcast.

Good luck.

Below you'll find the pairs."

Of course, the panic exploded. Three days were such a short time to prepare something, even if it was just one song or choreography or stuff. Then, three days more to prepare a full performance? That was crazy.

Wooyoung managed to lift his neck above some people and reach the list of pairs.

Hell no.
Are you kidding me?

He was with San, again.

He walked out the crowd to sit back to his place, together with Seonghwa. He had an unreadable look in his eyes.

Was he happy? Worried? Relieved to stay again with San?
He could finally do what he had daydreamt for so long: making a choreo with San. Involve the other in a creative process. A rush of adrenaline made his ribs to almost hurt for how hard his heart was hammering.
Then, he thought again about the whole situation he was stuck in: Seonghwa and his words, the missing of Yeonjun, San by himself. Seonghwa and San. He definitely wasn't ready to spend time with him again. He was scared.
Seonghwa caught his mood.

"Are you okay?" Somehow, he got that working again with Sun may worry him at the moment.

"I am... I just hope to do something good with-"

"Hey guys!" wild San appeared and sat in front of them. He was about to reach Wooyoung anyway, since it was lunchtime. All of the trainees had came back to their places to start do again what they had just interrupted.

San wasn't sure if trying to talk to Wooyoung or not, so he looked at Seonghwa to find some hints about it. The other only shrugged. Suddenly, it was Wooyoung who first spoke.

"Looks like we have to work together again." He said to San with such a normal tone? Is he back to normal? I swear, this guy is really hard to understand.

"So, see you at 3 in the usual studio, so we can discuss about the project, mh?" Wooyoung rapidly finished his food and walked away, waving at the others at the table.

"Are we sure he is not bipolar?" Hongjoong said but was shut up by a little slap by Seonghwa next to him.

___ • ___

Wooyoung groaned at the mirror while he was preparing to practice with San. He still felt too many emotions to stay calm, which ended to make him very silent and grumpy with everyone around. Basically, that's what he used to do every time: something slapped his mind and the overcrowd of thinking and emotions didn't let his rational self to speak out loud. That's what made him so lonely, in those moments. He knew it wasn't the right way to behaviour but still couldn't hold it back. At least, not every time. But, since he had to stay a lot with San again, he didn't want his overthinking to ruin everything. Not again.