XII

don't forget to vote and comment if you like the story! 

.

.

3.00am

"Yeonjun, are you sleeping?"

"Of course I'm not."

Wooyoung let a loud sigh come out his mouth. No one in the room seemed able to sleep that night.
The final test would take place in a few hours. Just few hours to know if they're going to continue to the program or come back home to their lives.

"Wanna watch something?" Yeonjun said with a low voice. They knew also the other two guys were awake but didn't want to bother them anyway.

"We should keep energy for tomorrow..." Wooyoung said with an unsecure tone.

"Move, come here."

Without even thinking about complaining, the brunette climbed down to the other's bed and pulled the blanket over his body. They took Yeonjun's phone and put it against the wall, sharing a pair of earphones, one for each of them. The idea was to put some fun videos but they were both too loud at laughing, so they went for a drama episode. None of the two was actually concentrated on it but it was a nice way to keep worries away.

"We're going to make this, Wooyoung. I'm sure."

"I'd like to have this confidence..."

With his head over Yeonjun's chest, Wooyoung and the latter fell asleep an hour later. Somehow, the physical contact helped a lot to keep their eyes closed.

___ • ___

The following morning getting up had been harder than usual, due to their few hours of sleep. As usual, Wooyoung was the first going to brush, followed by all of the others. They all wore their tracksuits and went downstairs for breakfast.

The atmosphere was loud and chaotic. People were not shouting at all, but you could definitely feel the tension in the air, worries and anxieties wet the oxygen making it sweat and making everyone feel the humid.
No one really seemed to be hungry. Wooyoung felt his stomach turned inside out just by the sight of his Americano. He thought that maybe coffee could be a great idea to stay alive even without eating anything.

Actually, not a great idea. 

They all forced their mouth to accept some French toasts when a bell rang all over the room.

"Final tests will start at 9.
Make yourself go into the dance studios around 8.30 to warm up.
Good luck."

Then the silence fell. If the trainees were already worried but trying to hide it, this probably killed all their attempts to and also increased the concerns. Each one started to get up and take their bags. Wooyoung almost fainted at the feeling of having to keep himself up on his legs.

He and Yeonjun finally went to their assigned room and started to warm up the best they could. Wooyoung could spot Seonghwa, Jongho, Yeosang, Hyunjin and others in the same room. That day it seemed like no one wanted to talk with the others. Probably, it was just the general anxiety but felt more like they didn't want to face the fact that the person next to you could steal your place in the program. Yes, that feeling sucked, Wooyoung thought by himself, but as the introverted and lonely boy he was, he managed to stay focused anyway.

At about 9am, all their teachers entered the room. They had set up a row of tables and chairs, on which you could see a lot of paper. The judges all sat, just Mina staying up to talk to everyone by a microphone.

Each one of the trainees was going to do at least five disciplines test: dance, performance, singing, performance freestyle and battle with someone else. Rappers would also have to do freestyle test and rap freestyle and battle, but they could skip the performance freestyle if they wanted to. Of course, every rapper was going to do everything, in hope of highlighting every of their talents.