Chapter One

*Not Edited*

Chapter One

Have you ever had that feeling that something bad is going to happen? That your life is going to change in an unbelievable way and there's nothing you can do to stop it?

I've had this feeling all day and it's pissing me off. My life is great at the moment, I mean I'm alive aren't I?

I had my family, my friends, my degree- speaking of degrees I needed to get a job. I couldn't live off my savings forever and needed to find something ASAP.

But before I did that and became an adult, like an adult- adult, I needed to have a little fun. After asking Nina, my best friend for as long as I can remember, to come out with me for the last month, she finally agreed. I had to seize this rare opportunity, Nina rarely went clubbing but now with a baby she barely had time to do anything.

Gabriel was surprisingly a very good and doting father. I'm not going to lie I had doubts about his parenting skills and I fully believed he would disappear with the baby but he didn't and I could tell he loved Nina a lot. A lot more than she loved him.

I can't say I blame her though, he marked her without explaining what that was, forced her to move in with him, considered using Nina as a baby making machine and drugged her. Now that I think about it, he was a shitty person, I had no idea why Nina even bothered with him. I guess it's the mate bond, their baby and sex, Nina always looks very satisfied and happy, he must have a big dick and know how to use it properly.

I needed that tonight, alcohol and sex. I don't know why people say it's a bad combination, seems to work pretty well with me.

"Hello Leah, how are you?" William St.Claire asked as he opened the door and let me in.

"I'm good. You?" I replied as I headed to the living room.

William St.Claire, now that guy is the kind of guy you would call a DILF, I am not kidding. I know it was wrong to look at Nina's dad in that way but that's all I was doing. Looking never hurt anyone.

Also he did at one point belong to an extremist group that hated humans, so his level of hotness has decreased a lot since I found that piece of information out.

He has his own place but spent a lot of time with Nina and they had a pretty good relationship. I wasn't too sure how her relationship was with the rest of the family but she was happy now.

It had been a while since I've seen her genuinely happy, I think she lost that when she met Gabriel but now she was content and thriving and I'm honestly so happy for her. She's had a rough year, going through so much pain and heartbreak however she always says she would go back and do it again because the end result was her daughter.

"Where's Victoria?" I questioned Nina's dad as I put my stuff down.

He pointed to the basket that was near the sofa. Shit, I must need glasses because I did not see that.

I walked over and looked down at the little angel sleeping. Victoria Marie Drakos. She was named after the Lycan who gave up her life for her and her grandma- Nina's mum.

"Don't wake her up." William said before he exited the room. He seemed to be in a bad mood today but I didn't care so I didn't ask.

I tapped Victoria nose causing her to wiggle slightly. She was actually a very beautiful baby, thankfully she looked like Nina and not Gabriel except for her eyes that were a weird yellow/golden colour. According to Gabriel all Lycan babies were born with that eye colours and it would change after a few years.