Chapter Forty Four

Chapter Forty-Four

Selene's eyes were twinkling as if she had just told me an exciting secret. Though her eyes were bright, her face was more calm and her lips were carved into a small polite smile.

"I can break the mate bond?" I questions, making sure I had heard her correctly.

"Yes you can, we can still do it." Selene nodded.

"Without Valdamir?" I was sceptical of what she was saying but that didn't mean I didn't want to hear what she had to say. It was always a good idea to keep your options open, especially when your options are very limited to begin with.

Selene nodded again. "Yeah." She pulled out a piece of paper from her dress. It was strange because the dress did not look like it had any pockets. "Here."

I hesitantly took the small piece of paper that looked like a business card from her. It just had her name 'Selene' on it and her phone number.

"Take your time to think about it. If you have any questions or want to talk, call me."

"Thanks." I muttered as she sauntered out of the bathroom. Heading over to the bin, I raised my hand to deposit her card when I found myself stopping. Maybe I should break the bond?

It was now embarrassing obvious that Vladamir did not want to have a relationship with me and he only wanted to have sex with me.

Is that all I was good for? Sex?

A little laugh escaped my lips. He didn't even want me for sex, if it was possible he would have been screwing other girls. I'm his last option.

I'm no one's last option.

The door swung open and a few giggling girls walked in. I folded the card in half and tucked it into my bra. The girls were definitely underage and were laughing and taking pictures. A small smile graced my face at their innocence, just a couple of years ago I was like that, having fun and not caring about anything except my assignments. Now look at me, mated to a psychopathic, centuries old Lycan who doesn't want to be with me.

No don't think about that Leah, tonight is just about having fun.

I brushed past those girls and made my way back to the bar, quickly scanning the place I saw Isabella dancing with a different but this extremely good-looking guy. She looked like she was enjoying herself but not as much as the guy she was grinding her body against.

"Hey." A masculine voice filled my ears. " Let me buy you a drink."

Swirling around I found myself looking at this tall, dark and handsome man. My eyes scanned his body appreciatively before I let out a groan.

"Do you want to get out here?" The now smirking man came closer, pressing his body up against mine.

Did he think I groaned out in lust?

A deep laugh escaped my mouth at the thought of this man thinking so highly of himself. He went from asking to buy me a drink to asking whether I wanted to fuck in the space of a minute.

"Nah, I'm good." I told him before I swung my body back around. The handsome man said a few more things but I completely ignored him.

No matter how good looking they were I wouldn't be able to have sex with anyone else other than Vladamir. I knew myself, I wouldn't be able to be completely celibrate for the next God knows how many years, so what would we do? Would we have to come up with an arrangement for sex? I scratch his back and he scratches mine?

"Urgh." I muttered before searching for Isabella, heading straight for her when I saw her. Pulling her arm so she can detangle herself from the man who voiced his protests loudly, I leaned in close. "I need more of that stuff you gave me."