Chapter Sixty

Chapter Sixty

I felt as though my eyes were deceiving me, not only my eyes but my brain too. This wasn't happening, this wasn't real, it was too farfetched to be real.

Yet the messages and the image didn't disappear from my vision and mind like one would expect after a nightmare, it was still there which meant it was real.

The image began to shake and it took me a few seconds to realise that it was because my hands were shaking, not just my hands, my whole body was shaking. It was shaking in disbelief, pain, sorrow and anger.

What the actual fuck was going on?

There were no more messages from the unknown sender yet they remained online waiting for a response from me. What response could I give? What response would anyone give?

With trembling hands, I scrolled back up to the top of the messages and read them over and over again. I left the chat and then went back on it again and read the messages in a feeble attempt and hope to discover the messages gone and all of this a figment of my imagination.

It was real, this was actually happening.

What do you want?

It took a me long time to write out those four words as I was hesitant about what to say and do next. My eyes lingered on the picture of my dad, he didn't look like he was dead, he looked like he was sleeping.

My body seemed to be able to create an infinite amount of tears as my vision began to blur while I waited for a response. That wasn't what I wanted to say, I wanted to cuss them out, threaten them and tell them that I would hunt them down and kill them for doing this to me and my mum.

You.

A humourless laugh left my mouth, I had a strong inclination that they didn't mean in a way that meant they desired me, it was much more sinister than that.

My lack of response had the person on the other side sending another couple of messages.

Do you want your dad back?

You can have him back.

Why would they steal his body just to give him back to me? Did they do that to taunt me? Or to add salt to my gaping wound?

Who are you? Why did you take him? What do you want?

There was a couple of minutes delay and I waited impatiently with my heart in my mouth.

You can have your dad back under one condition.

What do you want?

I quickly fired back, watching intently as they began typing. However, instead of a message coming through, the person on the other side stopped typing. It was like this for a couple of minutes, it would say they're typing and then they would stop.

Hello? Are you there?

There was no response and to escalate my frustration even further the person went offline causing me to swear out loud.

"Leanne?"

Vladamir's voice had me spinning around quickly, so quickly that I dropped my phone.

He caught my phone effortlessly and handed it back to me. "Are you okay?"

I wanted to laugh. 'Am I okay?' No I wasn't and I don't think I would be for a long time.

"I'm fine." I muttered as I put my phone in my pocket. "Have you found out who took my dad?"