Chapter Four

*Not Edited*

Chapter Four

I looked around to see if the person who put it there was around but no one was there.

Should I take the box? What if there's something dangerous in there?

Oh well, who cares. My life has gone shit, it can't get any worse.

Taking another quick glance around, I grabbed the box on the ground with minimum effort and walked back into the house. I ripped the box open, not bothering to be gentle. I was greeted with a small white envelope which I teared open.

Read it.

Underneath the note was a dark coloured book. There was no title just a picture of the ugly mark on my neck. I opened the book and looked at the first page that had the word Dufara scribbled on it.

Did Vladamir send this?

I wanted to ask him but I didn't have his number and I really wasn't to ask Nina or Gabriel for it. I was not ready to talk about what we did and I knew if I asked for his number they would question why I needed it.

The thick book was filled with lots of writing that I did not care to read but I knew at one point I would have to read it in order to familiarise myself with the new direction my life was heading towards. With that in mind, I headed back to the living room and put the book on the table.

For some reason, it didn't seem right just leaving it there so against my better judgement I decided to take it with me. I would have to find somewhere safe to put it later.

As I locked my front door and walked over to my car I couldn't help but feel as though someone was watching me. From where I was standing I couldn't see anyone in my front or peripheral view but I still felt uneasy. As soon as I got in my car I locked the door and looked around to see if I could see anyone but no one was there.

Chastising myself for being so paranoid I started the car and put it in first gear to drive off. As I made my final mirror check I caught a glimpse of something in my mirror. I looked again but nothing was there and I turned my body around to double check but again nothing.

"Great, now I'm seeing things." I muttered to myself as I drove off.

The drive to Sainsbury wasn't too far, it was in-between my house and Ayesha and Keisha's flat. As I got there I sent a text to Ayesha to let her know I was here and to meet me at the front of the store.

I felt a smile form on my face as I saw the beautiful olive-skinned girl waiting at the front for me.

"I've missed you." I practically yelled in her ear as I pulled her in for a tight hug.

"Yeah right, you've been bailing on us for the last couple of months!" Ayesha said as she pulled away from me. "But I've missed you too."

"I know, it's just been crazy. I'll explain another time." I told her and she nodded.

"Trolley or basket?"

"Trolley. I did something shit which I don't want to talk about and I need to eat to make myself feel better."

Once we got a trolley, we headed inside and went straight to the chocolate section. We filled the trolley up with so much food, food that could probably last us months if we were normal people.

As Ayesha skimmed the ingredients of a chocolate mousse to make sure she could eat it, I felt it again. I felt as though someone was watching me so I turned around casually as if I was looking at the food to see if anyone was there.