Chapter Thirty Three

Nothing.

That's the response I got from Vladamir. Absolutely nothing. He simply stood there, not saying anything, not moving, I don't even think he was blinking.

"Vladamir?" I asked trying to make eye contact with him but he was looking straight ahead. "Helloooo."

Damn, you would have thought I had asked him something horrific and unspeakable with the way he was acting.

"You said you're going to tell me the truth." I reminded him as I made my way over to my bed. "Take your time, I can wait."

He was probably going to take a while so I got under the covers. I might as well make myself comfortable while I wait.

Since he wasn't talking I decided to fill in the silence. "You have to tell me the truth and you can't lie which will be a nice change for once. You're always lying or you don't say the full truth. There's a name for that, pathological liar."

Still nothing.

"You should get with help with that you know." I was sort of enjoying myself. "Why do you feel as though you have to lie or deceive people? Did something happened in your childho-" I stopped talking abruptly when I realised that it could be because of that. Maybe not necessarily his childhood but maybe after the Lycans were targeted and wiped out?

The Lycans were targeted, hunted and killed. Maybe this was the only way to be in order to survive? He couldn't trust anyone, he probably didn't trust the remaining Lycans, and to make sure nothing happened to him he lied, deceived and only thought about himself because no one else will.

He was on his own.

A pang of sadness erupted in my body and I couldn't help but feel bad for him. Yes the other Lycans were on their own and they all lost their family but they all had someone in a way. Gabriel has Nina but before that he had Luca. Isabella and Alexander- whatever their relationship might be- had each other and I know they could count on each other for help. Isabella did have a relationship with Victoria and though Jospeh was presumed dead he clearly had a connection with Victoria since she was the one he trusted to 'kill her' and she was the only one who knew he wasn't dead.

Vladamir was on his own.

A lump began to form at the bottom of my throat the more I thought about it. He really did have no one. His behaviour and actions made more sense to me now, it doesn't justify it but it did explain his behaviour a little better. He did what he did because he felt as though he had to. He was all alone and had no one.

Not anymore. He has me now

"Hey." I muttered as I got up from the bed. "Are you okay?" I gently placed my hands on his and gave them a tight squeeze.

Vladamir didn't respond but his eyes trailed over to where our hands were joined, his hands were limp in mine as if he didn't have any energy to hold on.

"Vladamir?"

His big, warm hands tightened around mine and he lifted both of our hands up. With my hands still clasped with his, he caressed my cheeks with his fingers. I know if anyone came in we would have looked extremely strange but I didn't care, the soft touches felt incredible and so tender. It's the opposite of what he's usually like.

He let out a soft chuckle and a strange look entered his eyes. "Why did I mark you? Is that what you want to know?"

I nodded while I looked up at him. I wanted to know why he marked me, I wanted to know if it was an accident or not. I had put the marking down to an accident, we both had way too much and we're obviously a bit too horny as well. I don't know about Vladamir but for me I hadn't had sex for a few months before the marking and I knew that, alongside the numerous drinks, was the main factor for me.