Chapter Thirty Five

Chapter Thirty-Five

Cursed?

What was he talking about?

"What?"

"I have been cursed." He said it matter of factly as if being cursed was normal.

Raising an eyebrow, I smiled a little. "Can't say I'm surprised. With the psycho behaviour and tendencies to piss people off I can imagine someone cursing you."

Vladamir did not look amused. "Do you find this funny?"

"Well yeah!" I laughed. "Curses aren't real and even if they were wouldn't you have found the person who did it and forced them to undo it."

After getting no response from Vladamir my smile died down. "Are you actually cursed?"

"Yes."

"How? Who cursed you and why?" The last part of the question wasn't needed, this was Vladamir we were talking about I bet there's a hundred reasons why anyone would want to curse him. Heck, I've got loads of reasons why I would want to curse him.

"The curse is not mine alone, it is a family curse."

Someone cursed his whole family? I had a feeling the rest of the Dufara clan were just as crazy as Vladamir. Questions filled my brain, who cursed the family, why did they do it, what does the curse entail?

"Did you read my family book?"

Oh yeah, I was supposed to do that!

"I...I haven't had much time, I've been busy with.." I trailed off as I realised I had no excuse as to why I haven't read it, I've had all the time in the world and all I've been doing is sleeping, eating and watching Netflix.

"I see." Vladamir's eyes flashed with disappointment for a second before reverting back to its emotionless state.

Though his eyes expressed his real emotions only for a second I knew he wanted me to read it and had expected me to have said yes. I felt bad and promised myself I would actually try to read it, maybe not all of it, but some of it and actually make an effort unlike my last feeble attempt at reading it.

"I'll read it." I announced quietly, giving him a small smile.

"You do not have to Leanne."

"I do though, I want to. I want to know more about you." The last part wasn't a complete lie, I did want to know more about him and his history.

Vladamir didn't respond but I could tell he was satisfied with my answer. He got an answer and I wanted one too, knowing fully well it could ruin the mood between us I still asked him the next question.

I cleared my throat before I questioned him. "Where's Tahlia?"

His eyes darted towards the door and his eyes widened fractionally as if he had forgotten about her.

I would like to forget about her too.

"She is waiting for me, I must see her."

This time it was me who was disappointed, we had just had a deep conversation about us and what I am to him and then had sex and now he's going back to her?

"Oh." I said trying to sound and act unbothered.

Clearly my calling is not acting since Vladamir smirked slightly. "Are you jealous?"

"No." I snapped sending him a dirty look.

Vladamir ignored my slapping hands as he grasped my chin. "You are my mate Leanne."