Chapter Twenty Six

Chapter Twenty-Six

I rolled my eyes and tried to get out of his grip. Why was he joking again? This wasn't funny.

"Ha-ha, so funny."

Vladamir switched his hold on me, grabbing both my upper arms to stop me from resisting. "I am being serious. I want a baby."

Noise spluttered out of my mouth mixed with a few random words that made no sense. Vladamir watched me carefully, his eyes taking in my reaction.

After a while I managed to form a complete sentence. "You need to stop now. You take your jokes way too far and it's not funny."

"I am not joking." He said the words slowly, pausing between each word.

I tried to gauge his emotions and thoughts but I got nothing from his blank face. Nothing in his face or eyes gave away anything as he stared back with his cool eyes.

"Why?" I whispered not taking my eyes off him. "Why would you want a baby?"

He is the last person I would expect to want a baby, he is too selfish and impulsive to be responsible for another person. It's hard to picture him caring about someone other than himself, even though he has a relationship with the other Lycans it doesn't seem as though he would care too much if something happened to them. However, he does seem to have a different relationship with Isabella, sort of like a younger sister/older brother relationship.

Maybe watching Nina and Gabriel with their baby has had an effect on him? He's been alive for hundreds of years, is he now starting to yearn for a family?

Riya is the first Lycan baby for centuries and for so long none of the Lycans probably thought about babies and children except for those who had kids in the past so now that there is a Lycan baby maybe Vladamir is thinking or considering having his own?

I can't believe that I'm using this word to describe Vladamir but that's actually... sweet.

"I would like multiple babies." Vladamir announced instead of answering my question.

What the hell?

Confusion filled my body as I processed what he said. "Why?" I repeated the question for earlier. Wasn't one baby enough?

Vladamir raised his head up a fraction. "I want a pack."

A huge wave of sympathy washed over me. Despite the lack of conversation about his family, he must miss them so much. People say time heals wounds and while it may do, the scars are still there and it'll never be the same.

The Lycans had each other and would take care of each other if needed however they all had their own family, their own kin that they grew up with and loved. To have your family ripped away from you in such a brutal way must be completely devasting and agonising.

"You miss your family." I muttered as I placed a hand on his arm. "I can't imagine the pain you must have felt when you lost them."

Vladamir's eyes glanced down to my hand on his arm. "This has nothing to do with my family. I want an army."

My emotions must have been splayed over my face because Vladamir continued to speak. "Gabriel was able to produce a child with a human woman he fucked a couple of times. If he was to try now to have another child I am convinced he would be able to. He is mated to Nina and she is one of us now."

That made no sense, they all said that it takes ages for Lycans to reproduce with each other. How is now any different than before?

"Wait." I raised a finger up. I vaguely remember something Alexander had said about this, he was muttering about some lame prophecy. "This is about what Alexander said, right?"