Chapter Fifty Three

Chapter Fifty-Three

Perhaps I was being unreasonable, a small rational part of me knew it wasn't fair to put the blame on him but at that moment in time I didn't care.

Vladamir's jaws tightened as I said that but he didn't respond to my words. He continued to stroke my hair in a soothing motion before he spoke again. "Do you want to take a shower?"

I shook my head, I didn't want to do anything, all I wanted was to be around my parents.

"Leanne, you are covered in blood."

His words had me sobbing out loud.

He was right, I was covered in blood. I was covered in my parent's blood. Oh God, there was so much blood. My mind flashed back to the scene I had witnessed when I first walked in. It looked like those crimes scenes you see in the movies. The way their bodies were on the ground, surrounded by blood, it didn't seem real. None of this seemed real.

"Why would someone do that to them?" The question was to no one in particular, I was just so confused by everything. Why would someone attack my parents.

"Let's get you cleaned up." Vladamir told me, it wasn't a suggestion and he didn't wait for my response.

He lifted me up again and walked me over to my bedroom, as we walked past the kitchen I saw Mikhail and Thalia talking, both of them falling silent when we entered the room. Vladamir didn't say a word to them as he took me into my bedroom and then into my bathroom. Turning the water on, he placed me on the ground and slowly began taking off my clothes.

I stood there like a statue as he stripped me naked and gently coaxed me into the shower. The warm water cascaded over my face and body as I stood underneath the shower head. Vladamir exited the room and went back into my bedroom. I kept my eyes closed as I let the water soothe my body but it didn't help soothe my soul.

After a minute or so, Vladamir entered the bathroom again. He gently grabbed my arms and began washing them with a wash cloth, scrubbing away the tiny specks of blood that were still clinging onto my hands. He then focused his attention on my face, gently scrubbing it too. I had forgotten that I had covered my mouth with my bloodied hands, I must have looked a sight.

Once he was done cleaning my body, he turned the water off and wrapped my body up in a towel and used another smaller towel to wrap my hair up. I wanted to laugh at the look of concentration on his face as he tried to manoeuvre my hair into the towel and secure it. He finally gave up and just plopped the towel over my head.

"I can walk." I muttered as he lifted me into his arms and carried me back to the room.

He placed me onto the bed and began hastily drying my half-dried body with the towel before helping me put my clothes on. I say helping when in reality he did it all as I just sat there.

"I need to go to the hospital." I told Vladamir as he pulled a t-shirt over my head.

Vladamir shook his head. "You will not be allowed to see them now, they are being treated."

"I have to go to them Vladamir." I argued weakly. "They need me. What if someone does something else to them?"

Vladamir grabbed my hands and stroked them using his thumbs. "I have men stationed there, no one else will harm them, you have my word."

I still wanted to go to the hospital, I need to be close to them. I needed to know what was going on.

As if he read my mind, Vladamir began to speak again. "Once they are ready to have visitors, we will go to the hospital. My men will keep me informed on their progress."