Chapter Twenty Nine

Chapter Twenty-Nine

Vladamir's new mate.

Vladamir's new mate.

The words kept spinning around and around in my head.

Vladamir's new mate.

I wanted it to stop, I wanted to hear what else Selene was saying but that was all I could hear and think about.

Vladamir's new mate.

I was losing my mind, I had to me because nothing else would explain why I was feeling like this. It shouldn't bother me, I shouldn't care about this at all, not one bit but here I was battling with my soul that was screaming 'no' over and over again.

Vladamir was a psycho, there is no better word to describe him. He's selfish, arrogant and completely crazy. I never wanted to be his mate and I never should have become his mate. So now that there was an answer to this predicament we were in why was my mind objecting?

My body and soul wasn't just objecting to breaking the bond, it was objecting to his new mate too. Of course there would be another girl to replace me, according to Vladamir the bond couldn't be broken but it could be transferred to someone else so it made sense why there was someone ready and waiting but for some reason I hadn't thought of that early.

The thought of him mating with another girl unsettled me, made me feel uneasy and very uncomfortable. I felt...betrayed which absolutely made no sense since there was no betrayal in this as we both didn't want to be mated to each other. The more I thought about this girl, the more confusingly infuriated I found myself becoming.

Who was she?

Why did he already have some girl lined up to replace me?

What kind of name was Thalia? It sounded like it was from the Middle Ages.

Vladamir's eyes snapped towards me and I clamped my mouth shut when I realised that I had said the last part out loud. Warmth flushed my face and body as I tried to act casual and unbothered by this.

With his eyes away from the phone and on me, Vladamir spoke to Selene. "She is on her way, ETA ten minutes."

Selene glanced at the two of us, she had a strange look in her eyes that I couldn't decipher and to be honest I didn't care too either.

Ten minutes and Vladamir's future mate would be here, she would be right in front of me and I wasn't sure how I would react. I want to say that I would be calm and civilised however with the way my mind and body was reacting I wasn't too sure. I knew it was the bond messing with me, if this when he first marked me, I wouldn't even care and would happily jump at the idea of ending this 'relationship' but now I felt different.

Stupid mate bond! Making me feel things that I don't want to feel.

Vladamir's phone rang and he excused himself leaving me with Selene. An awkward silence fell between us and I rocked back on my heels. There were so many things I wanted to ask her but I didn't want her to take offense to my question or piss her off.

Most of the questions I had were about Witches and some were about how this whole mate transferring crap would work. Unsure of how to start, I glanced at her and smiled.

My smile dropped when she stared back at me blankly.

Okay then.

"So you're a Witch." I finally blurted out before closing my mouth.

Nooo, talk about stating the obvious Leah!

Selene raised her delicate eyebrows. "Yes and you are a Lycan."