Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty

Swallowing the huge lump in my throat, I scanned the room taking in everyone's expressions.

Selene didn't look surprised it was as if she was expecting this to happen. Thalia on the other hand looked very surprised, her face scrunching up in annoyance. It was easy to guess how she felt about what I had just said.

Vladamir's expression was hard to read, he had a strange look in his eyes and I struggled to understand what he was thinking.

Vladamir and I continued to stare at each for a minute or so before someone cleared their throat. We both slowly turned our head to face the person who cleared their throat.

"Are we to continue Vladamir?"

Watching Vladamir closely I held my breath in anticipation. Though I was very dramatic and said I didn't want to do this I was still unsure of whether I wanted this or not. I knew the right thing to do would be to transfer the bond to someone else and move on with my life but everything in my body was fighting against the decision.

For the first time since he bought this up he looked unsure and hesitant about this. A look of uncertainty flashed on his face for a millisecond before it turned to annoyance.

What was he annoyed about?

He turned towards me and narrowed his eyes.

Ohh, he's annoyed at me.

He stormed over to me and grabbed my upper arm tightly and yanked me towards him.

"We shall return soon." Vladamir informed everyone in the room- including me- before tugging me towards the stairs.

"I'm coming, you don't need to pull that hard." I scowled as I almost lost my footing.

"Vladamir?" Thalia called out softly but he ignored her.

The petty part inside me was thrilled at that this and a small smile graced my face, that smile lasted for a few seconds and fell as soon as I saw the glare Vladamir was sending me.

Without another word Vladamir led me out of the basement through the house ignoring everyone there, before pulling me out of the house ignoring my attempts to break free.

Once we were outside Vladamir spun me around so I was facing him.

"Explain." He finally said as he stared directly into my eyes.

Explain? I wish I could, I can't even explain it to myself!

I must have been taking too long because Vladamir made a sound indicating his withering patience. "Leanne."

"So.. the thing is...I don't... I'm confused." I finally managed to mangle out.

"Confused?" Vladamir sounded like the word he had just repeated.

I let out a sigh and started again. "It's a bit rushed. Can't we talk about this?"

"What is there to talk about?"

"Everything! How does it work? What will happen afterwards?"

"That is all?"

"What do you mean is that all?" I asked sounding incredulous. I had valid questions and I deserve to know the answers beforehand.

"There is no other reason why you do not want to do this?" His blue eyes pierced into mine as if he was trying to see into my soul.

No! Yes! I don't know!

Looking away from his penetrative gaze, I shrugged my shoulder in an attempt to seem casual. "Hm, yep."

"I see." Call me crazy but I could have sworn I heard disappointment in his tone and voice. Why would he be disappointed?

Instead of delving deeper into that my mind wandered to another issue I wanted to talk about.

Thalia.

I wanted to ask him about her but I didn't want him to think I cared because I didn't.

Liar. My mind whispered.

"Can we do this another time?" I questioned as I met his gaze.

"Why?"

"I need time to think about this." This was true, I wanted time to understand what actually would happen during the process and also afterwards.

"No." His answer was short and snappy.

"No? What do you mean 'no'?"

Why did we have to do this right now? Was there some sort of time limit on this?

"We will transfer the bond today." His words and tone left no room for arguments but I wasn't the type of person who would accept things without questioning it.

"Why? Is there some sort of time limit on this? If we wait will it affect the process?" I inquired, genuinely curious about it.

"No."

God, I was sick of tired of his so called answers. He didn't explain or expand anything, I had to pull the information out of him and the process was extremely tiring as well as annoying.

"So why are we rushing this? We have time to think about this."

"Do you want this bond to continue?" Vladamir probed his tone laced with annoyance.

"I..erm." I should say no and that I want this bond to end but I was struggling to get the words out.

"You do not want to be mated to me Leanne." Vladamir stated with a blank look on his face. "There is no need to delay this."

Do you want to be mated to me?

I didn't have the courage to ask him that question because I wasn't too sure what his answer would be and if I was being honest I wasn't sure what I wanted to hear. Did I want him to say yes he wants to be mated to me? Or do I want him to say no that he doesn't want me?

"Let's go Leanne." He turned around quickly and stormed back into the house.

I followed him quickly and a feeling of dread began to seep into my skin. What we were about to do didn't sit right with me, no matter how many times I tried to explain to myself that this was the right thing to do and I wanted it, my mind kept repeating 'no' over and over again.

As we approached the stairs that led to the basement I hesitated as my body urged me to go in the other direction. As if he had sense my hesitation Vladamir turned around and silently gestured with his head to follow him.

Looking away from him, I took in a deep breath and began to walk down the stairs. Each step I took seemed so loud and echoed in my ear. It was like a countdown to what was to come.

We entered the room silently, Vladamir with his head held high while mine was lowered. Selene's and Thalia's eyes snapped towards us once our presence was known.

Selene cleared her throat as her sharp eyes flickered between Vladamir and I. "Shall we start?"

"Yes." Thalia answer was instantaneous.

No one asked you!

Vladamir and I shared one final glance before giving our answers.

"Yes."

"No."

Thalia made a noise of frustration and I could feel the heated glare she was giving me. Why she was directing her annoyance towards me was baffling since it wasn't me who said no.

It was Vladamir.

@=#~=~#=@

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter

What do you make of Leah's internal struggle? This time it's Vladamir who said no, why do you think that is? Do you think he'll go through with it?

Let me know what you think is going to happen next

I will upload again in a few days but you can read ahead on www.patreon.com/kayy_b

Thank you for reading and enjoy your weekend!

-Kayy xx