Chapter Forty Nine

Chapter Forty Nine

His confession completed and utterly shocked me to the point where my mouth hung open comically and my eyes bulged as if they were trying to escape.

He was falling in love with me?

Vladamir was falling in love?

With me?

He began to look slightly uncomfortable and vulnerable the more longer I stared at him, something very out of character for Vladamir.

What do I even say to that? Do I say thank you?

Was I falling in love with him too?

I knew it must have taken a lot for Vladamir to tell me this and I wanted to handle this correctly so it didn't cause him to shut down or worse go off the edge.

What do you say to someone when they tell you they're in love with you?

Unless this was all a joke Vladamir was playing and he was doing this for entertainment.

No he couldn't be, his eyes shone brightly with sincerity and I knew he wasn't lying.

Well shit, someone's in love with and not just anyone, it was Vladamir!

Say something Leah, say anything.

"That's...good?"

What the hell Leah, 'that's good'? I shouldn't have opened my mouth at all!

"I mean that's not good." I started to backtrack, not making any sense at all. "No wait, it's not not good or good. I, uh..erm."

Vladamir lips twitched upwards slightly as he watched me panic and stutter around like a babbling baby.

"Breathe Leanne." Vladamir told me as he cupped my face.

I did as he said and took in a few deep breaths, the exaggerated motion of inhaling and exhaling calmed my breathing and my heart rate down. "Why did you say that to me?" I whispered still in disbelief that Vladamir had actually said that.

"Because it is true." He stated as if he had said something super casual.

"I..I don't understand." I didn't how could he say he loves me when he doesn't want to be with me. "What about Thalia?"

"What about Thalia?"

"You wanted to mate with her." I reminded him.

Vladamir sighed. "It is complicated."

I frowned at him and narrowed my eyes. That was quick, it only took him a little while before he went back to keeping secrets and not telling me the full truth. "I don't believe you."

Vladamir raised an eyebrow in question.

"You start to explain some things and then go back to being secretive. I need you to be honest with me."

"Are you changing the subject because I told you I may be falling in love with you?" Vladamir tone was teasing but I could see my response or lack of response bothered him.

I shook my head, that wasn't true and I didn't want him to think that either. "Despite everything that has happened I...like you."

More than I would care to admit. It wasn't the response he was looking for but what did he expect? That I too would declare my love? It was only a couple of days ago when I asked him if he wanted this relationship and he turned me down.

It wasn't the response he was looking for but what did he expect? That I too would declare my love? It was only a couple of days ago when I asked him if he wanted this relationship and he turned me down.