Chapter Forty Five

Chapter Forty-Five

The second I woke up the next morning, I regretted everything I did last night. My body was aching, my head felt as though it had been hit by a sledgehammer and my insides felt as though it was being squeezed tightly.

I rolled out of bed, letting out a curse when I hit the bin that was at the side of it. When did I put a bin there? Grateful that there was no residue of last night there I rubbed more toes with my fingers to relive the pain.

Could the start of this day get any worse?

Hobbling over to the bathroom, I sat down and relived myself only to let out a groan when I looked down.

Yes, the day could get worse.

I had started my period.

I suppose I should be grateful that I was on my period and not pregnant with Vladamir's baby. The thought of having kids scared the crap out of me but having Vladamir's kids? I shuddered at the thought before cleaning myself up.

Once I had finished my routine, I changed fresh clothes and tossed my used clothes into the laundry basket. Little snippets of the night before flashed in my head and I let out another groan.

Pulling on a fluffy robe I made my way over to the kitchen where Jo was arranging the cutlery in the drawer.

She turned towards me and gave me a smile. "Good morning Leah."

"Morning." I grumbled back as I laid my head against the cool counter.

"Tea?"

"Yes please. Do you have any paracetamol?" I asked, still keeping my head down.

"Yes we have some. Do you have a headache?"

Rubbing my angry stomach, I shook my head. "No cramps."

Understanding flooded Jo's eyes and she gave me a sympathetic smile. "Would you like some breakfast?"

The thought of eating food had my stomach lurching. "No thanks."

"I would not mind having an omelette." A female voice called out from behind.

Turning around I watched as Isabella sauntered up to me and sat down next to me on the bar stool. "Are you okay?" Her voiced was filled with humour as if she found my pain funny.

"Yeah. I started my period." I knew it was too much information to disclose for some but I didn't care.

"Ahh."

Jo handed me my steaming mug and I blew on it aggressively before taking a hesitant sip. How was Isabella functioning like a normal person? She drank way more than I did.

As if she read my mind, Isabella began to speak. "Lycans recover very quickly."

"Lucky. "I told her as I continued to blow on my tea so it could cool down faster. I paused my incessant blowing and turned to face Isabella. "Can I ask you something?"

Isabella nodded.

"Periods. How does that work with Lycans?" Was it weird to ask someone about their periods? It probably was but other than Isabella and Nina there was no-one else to ask. There was no way I would ask Vladamir about it.

"Same as humans." Isabella shrugged. "However, it is not as frequent as humans."

"So once every few months?" I tried to think back to the last time I started my period.

"Each Lycan is different, your body will react to the change differently. Give it time, you will adjust to the change."

Jo handed Isabella her food causing Isabella to smile brightly. She also handed me some paracetamol and water.