1991 Part 15

"I'm gonna call it a night, I'm fucking wasted," Kev calls from the living room. He's got his blanket wrapped around his shoulders like a shawl and bits of popcorn stuck all over it. 

"You want some water to take? You should Kev," I fill a large glass with water and take it to him. He clutches it and downs the contents in one, swaying slightly, then gives me a sloppy kiss on my cheek. 

"Thanks hun, love you! Love you too Ed!" he slurs and fumbles up the stairs. Eddie laughs and chases after him with another glass of water. 

"I'll just be a minute," he tells me and disappears up the stairs. 

While he's gone I clear up Kev's mess. Two empty bottles of wine, plus the third we drank together and the one Eddie brought with him. No wonder he's a mess. I only had three glasses. Tuesday nights are becoming a little too hardcore.

Eddie bounces back down the stairs and crosses to me.

"Everything ok?" I ask.

"Yeah, he's fine. Just wanted to check he was laying on his side," he grins. I look at him and pause. "What?" he asks.

"Nothing, you're just different," I smile.

"Different how? Different good or bad?" Eddie grabs a handful of popcorn and tosses it into his mouth. I want to be popcorn.

"Good, definitely good."

We sit back down on the couch, with the blanket pulled over us. 

"Is there a reason you're all the way over there?" Eddie asks in the dark. I look at him, smile and shake my head. 

"Er..no, would you like to come closer?" 

"Would that be ok?" he laughs

"Yes, that would be ok," I reply as seriously as I can.

"Is there a reason why we're being this formal?" he grins and I laugh. 

"Just come here," I grab him and try to pull him over to me.

"Why don't I go here," Eddie says positioning himself at the back of the couch, "and you come here, in front?" he pats the seat. I wriggle across and snuggle my back up against him. He pulls the blanket back over us, wraps his arm around my waist with his head next to mine and I relax into his warmth. 

"This is so comfortable," I sigh.

"Good," Eddie says and I feel his hot breath against my neck. A shiver runs down my spine.

"Are you?"

"Am I what?" 

"Comfortable?"

"Very"

"Good"

"......................"

"Eddie?"

"Yeah?"

"Did you just?"

"What?"

"Never mind"

"No, what?"

"Well, did you just...thrust?"

"I may have"

"Oh"

"Reflex, sorry"

"Oh, ok"

"Watch the movie, Sam"

"Ok"

"........................."

"Eddie?"

"Mmmm?"

"You did it again"

"What?"

"Thrust, you thrusted"

"Did I?"

"Yes, you did"

"Sorry, reflex"

"It makes it hard to concentrate on what Jeff Daniels is saying"

"Sorry, won't happen again."

"Make sure that it doesn't please."

"I promise."

"............................."

"Er....Eddie?"

"Yeah?"

"Do I need to move?"

"Why?"

"Because, your er.....your...is.."

"Oh sorry"

"And you did it again.."

"I did?"

"You did"

"I thrusted again?"

"You did"

"And you felt that?"

"I think the whole neighborhood felt that"

"Sorry, it's a reflex. Like I said"

"I'm trying to concentrate on the killer spiders Eddie"

"Sorry"

"And Eddie?"

"Yeah?"

"Do I need to put you to bed?"

"I think you probably do Sam, yes"