1991 Part 41

* Warning tiny bit of slight smut towards the end.

A summer breeze rustles through the trees that line the road outside my house. It's a warm wind, delicious and tinged with cottonwood scent. Eddie walks beside me to his car in silence. I feel a slight tension between us, I'm not sure why.

"I'm really glad we're doing this," I say with what I hope is an encouraging smile. He looks over his shoulder back at me with a pleased expression.

"Yeah, me too," he grins and reaches for the door handle on the passenger side. He pulls it open and ushers me inside, "after you."

I duck my head and climb in. I've never been in Eddie's car before in fact I didn't even know he had a car until right this second. I have also never been to his apartment. The things I do know are minimal; he's 27, got ok taste in music, sings amazingly and is really, really good in bed. I blush a little at how little I know about his actual personality. Eddie opens the driver's side and slides in next to me.

"I like your car," I blink at him. Eddie furrows his forehead.

"Yeah? Why?" he asks, looking around, probably trying to figure out what I'm talking about. It's not an interesting car in any way, there's nothing special about it, it's got four wheels and gets from A to B, probably.

"Because it's yours," I shrug, "it's the first thing of yours I've seen."

He smiles slightly at my words, then he leans across and gently places his hand on my jaw pulling me to him.

"Woah there, handsy!" I flinch and pull back. Eddie recoils quickly and holds his hands up as though I've pulled a gun on him.

"Sorry, sorry, I forgot," he laughs. I exhale loudly in frustration.

"Do we have to do this? The whole month thing? It seems like unnecessary extra pressure and nothing else," I moan.

Eddie smirks at me, raising an eyebrow. "Sounds to me like someone is already finding it tough."

"No, I'm not, I just...don't know why we're doing this," I argue sulkily.

"Hey, if I'm too irresistible to you..." he jokes, and I playfully punch his arm. He gives me a toothy grin plus a bonus dimple and I melt. I want to reach out and touch the skin on his face and his lips and curl my fingers in his hair. More than that I want to bury my face in the nape of his neck and inhale his scent.

"You are irresistible," I say awkwardly under my breath.

"Yeah?" Eddie slides towards me, placing his warm hand on my thigh, "well, I really fucking love your socks," he grins running one finger under the elastic at the top of one making me giggle.

"Seriously, who invented these things?" he laughs, marvelling over my sock-clad thighs. "they're kinda pornographic." He slides his hand up between my thighs and stops, "it's this part that really does it," he breathes against my cheek, touching the band of flesh between the top of the socks and the hem of my dress. My heart is racing so hard I'm sure he must be able to hear it. I go to place my hand on top of his and notice the clock on the dashboard. 7.14.

"Shit!"

Eddie quickly pulls his hand away.

'What? Did I do something?" he looks so worried.

"No, it's not that, it's Kev," I sigh and gesture to the dashboard, "he said we'd last until 7.15."

Eddie looks at the clock and sniggers.

"Fuck he's good!" he laughs but then he notices my face, "don't take it too seriously, Sam."

"Aren't you even a bit disappointed though?" I ask.