Chapter Nine: Catching the Feelings

Normal: Korean
Bold: English
Underline: Japanese
Italicized: Thoughts
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Shinji had brought back food for the girls, he quickly fell asleep due to his jetlag. When the girls were finished their shoots, they were all surprised. All of them, including the staff as well, wanted to thank him. Momo especially, since she mentioned she hasn't had Jokbal in a week or two. However, once all of them saw how peacefully he was sleeping on the couch, no one wanted to bother him.

Eventually, Soojin had to shake him awake as it was now nearing 9pm. The girls had already finished packing up and the staff generously said they would clean up as a thank you to Shinji.

"Hey, Shinji... Time to go home" Soojin softly said gently shaking the boy awake.

"Mmmm?" Shinji roses up from the couch yawning, rubbing his eyes with his palm afterwards. His eyes were squinting since the lights were shining into his eyes, only looking at Soojin due to where her voice came from. "Good... morning..."

The girls giggled at his greeting. His hair looked kinda messy from him tossing and turning, yet he still managed to make it work. Jihyo couldn't stop smiling as he watched Shinji get off the couch stretching his arms. He had this really odd innocent kid-like persona when he wakes up.

"It's kinda cute..." Jihyo thought.

"Hey Shinji do you want to sleep at TWICE's dorm tonight? We have an extra room" Soojin asked.

"Hm? It's okay... I live really close by..." Shinji answered bluntly. Soojin and the girls looked at him confused.

"How do you know where the dorm is? I don't think we ever told you" Soojin questioned. She didn't seem to be overly suspicious, just curious.

In that moment Shinji 100% woke up and began to panic. "U-Uh... Well you see..." Shinji began to trip over his own words as he had to think of some excuse. "R-Right! JYP told me when I was in his office today!"

"Oh. I guess it makes sense. Almost all managers live close by to their idols. JYP really thought ahead huh?" Soojin smiled to which the young man returned, although he wanted to clutch his chest. It felt like his heart was about to explode.

"But, it's going to get late by the time we get home. So, why don't you stay the night?" Soojin suggested.

"I appreciate the offer noona. But I'm sure the girls would be uncomfortable with me-"

"We don't" Sana interrupted, getting the eyes of the members on her. She began to get flustered and tried to laugh it off. "W-We don't right? I mean, we all feel safe when your around, right?"

"I don't mind" Jeongyeon added.

"It's okay with me" Tzuyu chimed in.

The rest of the girls also ended up agreeing. Shinji sighed and thanked them for their kindness. He made a call to tell Kirika he wouldn't be coming home, but it seemed like she was already asleep.

With that, the group headed out and began to drive back home.

The ride quickly passed by as everyone, was once again sleeping, except for Shinji, Soojin, and Jihyo. There was silence until Jihyo remembered she wanted to apologize to Shinji for today. She looked at him through the side mirror of the car which only reflected half of his face.

"U-Um..." She began.

"Hm? Something wrong Jihyo?" Soojin asked her eyes focused on the road. Due to the roads being in a rural area, streets lights were not as common. It almost felt like they were driving through a haunted forest, but the low volume of chill music helped lighten the mood.