S1: Chapter Two - Shinji and Lia

A/N: Hey everyone! Welcome to the second chapter of the first season. Thank you to all of you for the support you've given me! Really keeps me motivated to write more when I see all of you show your love for this story!

Enjoy this chapter! It's a little different this time though!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Normal: Korean

Bold: English

Italicized: Thoughts

~~~~~~~~~~~~

13 years ago... ...

2006, Toronto, Canada

Shinji's and Lia's age at the time: Eight and Six, respectively.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jisu-ah! Are you ready to see your new home?" Jisu's mother, Choi Seungyeon asked with a beaming smile on her face. She had her body turned around to face her daughter, who was clutching a teddy bear. Seungyeon tried her best to cheer up Jisu, she looked miserable. 

Jisu's father, looked up towards the rearview mirror watching her daughters expression. He sighed, feeling guilty. Seungyeon, turned to her husband, after taking another glance at Jisu who just laid on her side, trying to fall asleep.

"It's not your fault honey. You just got a better opportunity here" Seungyeon said, trying to reassure Taehoon he did the right thing. 

"Yeah. Just as Jisu finally started to make friends, and have fun. We just up and leave South Korea" Taehoon replied bitterly. His focus kept on shifting to Jisu, the worry and guilt in his heart overwhelming.

"Just give it some time. Jisu will makes friends here in no time" She continued her attempt at soothing her husbands nerves. However, he just merely shook his head, getting a defeated exhale from Seungyeon.

"Were in Canada Seungyeon. Jisu doesn't know a word of English. I... I just don't want her to be an outcast" Taehoon replied biting his lip. Seungyeon couldn't say he was wrong. Her husband graduated from Seoul National University, and practically all of top one percent students, like him; knows how to speak fluently. Seungyeon herself, knows enough to hold a conversation. The six year old girl though? 

The rest of the ride was silent, the family of the three pulling into a nice neighbourhood. Rows of houses standing from two to three stories high. All of them had a nice front yard, with a small alley way to access the backyard.

Taehoon pulled in the house number 42, a nicely built three story house with two driveways. The company he worked for had already furnished the interior, bedrooms, living rooms, the works.

The two exited the car, with Seungyeon opening the car seat door to Jisu. The little girl woke up from the sound of the door opening, she looked around in a daze wondering what was happening. She rubbed her eyes with her sleeve, her worried expression coming back once she laid eyes on the house.

"Come on Jisu. Why don't we take a look around the house?" Seungyeon asked, holding her hand out. Jisu took her mothers hand, not really having any other option. She scooted closer to her mother, since her feet didn't touch the cars floor board. She turned her body facing the yard, letting her mother pick her up, and placing her gently on the driveway pavement.

Jisu raised her teddy bear up to her nose, so only her eyes showed. She looked at the new house like it was a monster ready to eat her. 

"Oh? The new neighbours are here huh? A masculine voice rang out.