Chapter 12: Light Fury

Normal: Korean

Bold: English

Underline: Japanese

Italicized: Thoughts
————————————————————————
8:21 AM

"Good morning ladies and gentlemen. This the KNN, reporting for your daily news feed. Top story of today was an incident near a street market in Gangdong-daero. A child ran back onto the streets as traffic approached. Eye witnesses say that a young girl jumped in after her and another person, a man jumped in as well. During this time, the car in question was suddenly stopped by, what witnesses call it, a spider-web like substance..."

TWICE and Shinji were in the living eating breakfast while watching the news. Everyone in the group were really pulled into the story as the news reporters pulled up a picture of the incident. A wide picture shot was shown on the TV. The girls gasped in awe. There were two cars shown in the picture, both had a long string of web attached to them. It was definitely a sight to see.

While the girls were in awe of the picture, Shinji looked relatively calm and did not care much about it.

"It was insane! Everything ended in a blink of an eye. I didn't even see where the web came from!"

"It's easy. It was Spider-Man! I don't know why or how he's here, but the proof is right there!"

"It's definitely Spider-Man. Who else shoots out webs like that?!"

"Oh my gosh! Is Spider-Man in our city?! This is soooo exciting!!!"

"Waaaa! Can you imagine?! Spider-Man here?! In Korea?!" Dahyun excitingly said bouncing in her seat.

"That would be pretty cool. Plus he's been trending a lot recently with the incident with IU-sunbaenim as well" Mina added, reminding the girls of the news that took over the nation.

"No kidding... Look on Naver!" Chaeyoung showed Mina and Dahyun the feed on her phone. Multiple tags from different users were hash tagging SpiderManInKorea. Literally second after second there was a new post about Spider-Man.

"Wow... Koreans must really like Spider-Man huh?" Shinji said taking a bite of his omelet.

"Uh, DUH!" Dahyun replied matter-of-factly. "He's one of the most popular heroes here. Even before the IU incident."

"Oh yeah? Which Spider-Man?" Shinji asked not looking back at her, still enjoying the food Jeongyeon prepared.

The girls stopped and looked at each other. They looked completely lost. Dahyun furrowed her brows and looked at Shinji. "What do you mean, which one?"

Shinji looked up from his plate and saw all the girls looking at him like he was crazy. "Uh... There's more than one Spider-Man. There's one, actually three in New York. One in the UK, and one in Canada"

"Really?!" Dahyun exclaimed. She excitedly ran over to Shinji and took a seat next to him, startling the young man. "You lived in Canada right Shinji-oppa!? Have you ever seen him?!"

"Okay, tofu, back up a little" Shinji chuckled, placing his index finger on her forehead and pushing her away from him. Dahyun giggled as she rubbed her forehead, excited to hear about Spider-Man.

"Sorry oppa. Dahyun is a HUGE Spider-Man fan. She has posters and a plushie of him too" Jihyo explained.

"Ahhhh... I see. Well... To answer your question tofu, yes I have seen Spider-Man before. He often swings around downtown, you know? Saving people and what not" Shinji explained, and Dahyun's eyes lit up like a child during Christmas Day.