Chapter Five

Harry was extremely smart, they figured that out quickly and not just book smart. He and Remus could spend hours talking about something without even realizing it. It would get so animated that they would use their hands and arms when they spoke. The day following his birthday he and Remus, after a tense awkward silence, got back to their routine. With them both studying a subject and taking a NEWT soon they spoke about that a lot and would study together. When James found them, it was no different. They were sitting in the Manor library at a round table with multiple books and parchment scrolls scattered around them. He hated to interrupt their study session for something he was sure would make Harry and Remus uncomfortable, but he had no other choice.

"Hey, guys... there's some ministry workers here to speak with us." They turned to him and Harry visibly tensed, "if they want to take you, they'll have to go through your mother first and trust me, they won't survive that encounter. Come on it'll be alright." Remus stood up and placed a gentle hand on Harry's neck squeezing softly. Harry relaxed, not much, but enough to stand and head to the sitting room where Sirius and Lily were. Lily had her arms folded and was glaring at the workers, amongst the workers was Harry's old pack alpha as well as his second in command who eyed Harry hungrily.

"See he's not marked therefore as his pack alpha I am to have him with us until his alphas get approved by us." The pack alpha said stepping forward, Remus growled while pulling Harry behind him.

"I would like them to leave. As Lord Potter, head of this family and lord of the house I don't feel comfortable with having aggressive alphas in my home with my kids present." James said looking to the ministry workers who didn't seem happy with the formal request. The werewolf turned to James and growled lowly

"As his pack alpha-"

"Harry was scented as part of Remus pack first, the minute he was born Remus scent marked him. Remus is his pack alpha and his alpha. I have three lawyers and I can get more. Get out."

"Is this true? An alpha scent marked him at birth?" The worker asked

"Yes. We can provide memories, all of us can and Albus Dumbledore was a witness as well." James turned back to the alpha, "leave before I make you leave. You're upsetting my son and I don't feel comfortable with my other kids here while you're growling. Take your friend with you." The alpha growled loudly and snapped his jaw before he grabbed his second in command and left through the floo.

"Harry do you have anything in your name that we should know about?" The worker asked, Harry, folded his arms and pressed his lips together

"Yes." The worker looked at him waiting for him to elaborate, but he didn't so the worker huffed.

"What is in your name?"

"A vault."

"Number?"

"Three of them." James coughed to cover his laughter when the worker sighed exasperatedly

"What are all three of the vaults numbers?"

"I'm not required to inform you of the numbers associated with the vaults if I've already put in a transfer of ownership which I have. James will be getting a letter of ownership of the vaults once the transfer is approved." Harry told the worker evenly, "and yes I have copies of the paperwork." Harry turned to leave the room to go get said paperwork

"Shouldn't ask permission to leave the room first?" The worker snapped

"I only ask permission to suck dick actually and I'm on my knees for that sweetie." James' eyes widen unexpectedly, and he had to hold in his laughter as his son's sass. Sirius was covering his mouth to keep his amusement hidden and like school kids when they met each other's eyes they burst into laughter.