Chapter 10

"I'm sorry.."

The word Racie keeps saying when we got home. Hindi ko siya pinapansin kanina pa kasi nabigla talaga ako. I didn't know that it will be her trick, kasi malinaw naman ang sinabi ko inuto niya si Nigel para kami ang makapagbayad. But she kissed him. Literal na halik, sa labi.

"You should've done that." I told her with cold eyes, piercing her eyes.

She heavily sighed. "Alam ko. I'm sorry, alam ko namang kaibigan mo siya at hindi ko dapat ginawa yun."

"That's not it! Alam mo ba kung bakit ako nagagalit ako sa'yo?!" sigaw ko sakanya. "You can't just kiss any guy you like just because you want to! 'Yan ang sisira sa'yo! Diyan ka sasabihan ng malandi! Pokpok! Sulutera! Ganyan ba ang gusto mong sabihin ng mga tao sa'yo? Na katulad kita?!"

Silence reigns us, only the cold whispers of the wind were the one audible. She was dumbfounded, she didn't expect me to burst out just because she kissed a guy. I was called that kind of name before, until now. Because I made a mistake with Leon, and I don't want that to also happen to her.

"A-anong nangyari? Tell me," she pleaded, seems like about to cry.

"Pagod na ako, matuulog na ako." those were the last words I told her that changed everything about us.

Days passed by, iniwasan ko sila. Dumaan ang araw na dapat may drag race date kami ni Marcus pero hindi natuloy. I told him, I was sick. Malapit na ang midterms, I was busy studying here in the library, trying to concentrate. Emeticia was busy with Rago, they both looked so happy together. 

I smiled. "No label, hurt later." pagtaltak ko habang nakangiti.

Sobrang hilig talaga ni Emeticia sa walang label, ewan ko ba sakanya. She once told me about her relationship with Fin. He was studying Political Science as his pre-law before while Emeticia was in senior high, Grade 11. Actually, high school palang si Emeticia may something na daw sakanila. Parang naging MU sila nung senior si Emet ganon.

I buried myself in lots of reading, memorizing, and understanding. I thought the first year can be easy, but it isn't. Mas nakakasakit pala ng ulo. When it's already 2 pm, I went to my next class and we did a long quiz as preparation for the upcoming midterms.

"Need help?" nagulat ako nang makita ko si Marcus.

"What the hell are you doing here? Paano ka nakapasok?!" mahinang bulong ko na gulat parin.

He smiled. "Pinayagan akong pumasok nung guard as a visitor,"

"Briber," I whispered in annoyance. I should not be talking to him, remember? I'm avoiding everyone.

"Iniiwasan mo ako," he said while guiding himself to sit beside me.