Chapter 16 - French Love.

My eyes widened in fear as my heart began to race. His hold around my waist tightened as his dark, glaring eyes burned through me in utter rage. I couldn't bring myself to look him in the eye.

"Are you trying to run away...from me?" He snarled and I gulped, fearful of the low, animalistic grunting of his raspy breaths.

"No." I squeaked out, "A-and you're hur-hurting me." He released my waist only to grab my wrist and drag me behind him to the hotel.

We stepped inside the elevator and to my dismay, we were the only ones inside. So, he took the advantage to grab me around the neck while glaring at me.

"Did you really think you could escape from me. Have you forgotten who the fuck I am?"

I tried to shake my head but the grip he had around my neck prevented me. He wasn't choking me of course, but his hold made it a little hard to speak.

"No." I forced out.

"No what?" He yelled in my face, making me almost wished his breath stank. But it smelled so damn good and I hated him even more.

"No, sir."

"Have you forgotten that I could have your little family killed if you ever pushed my buttons?"

"No, sir."

"Defy me once more and I'll have you on your knees, watching your parents being beaten to death. Have you forgotten that you've signed a contract to be my submissive until I'm done with you?"

"No, sir." I swallowed, my eyes pooling with tears.

"Why were you trying to run away? Did you seriously think I wouldn't find you?"

A tear slipped out of my eye in fear and intimidation of him. I was so stupid to have believed that I could've ran away from him. What was wrong with me? And, now I put my family in danger because I wasn't thinking clearly.

He stared at me through enraged eyes as tears flowed down my cheeks. It felt like hours standing there, pushed up against the wall, under his burning glare.

Could time move any slower?

The elevator doors finally opened and he released my neck before marching out of the door while loosing his tie. I reluctantly trudged out of the elevator in fear of being in the same room with him. I couldn't believe we'd be sharing an actual bedroom together. I couldn't bare the tension around us. It was obvious I made him very angry and that didn't sit well with me because he may have me killed, or worse, my family.

"You make me so mad! I cannot believe you had the audacity to try to run away from me!" He yelled, throwing his tie on the floor, his back turned to me.

I couldn't hold it in anymore; I fell onto my knees and wailed.

"Please, Ares, please don't kill me. I'm sorry. I'll never do it again. I promise. Please." I cried, my eyes hurting from all the crying I've been doing lately.

He turned around and slowly walked towards me with a deep sigh, "Get up and stop crying."

I weakly stood up and dared to look at him. Surprisingly, his face had softened and he stared at me with an expression I couldn't quite describe.

He pulled me into him and wrapped his arms around my waist, shocking the fucking shit out of me that I immediately stopped crying.

Awkwardly, I stood there, with my hands at my side, frightened, as he held me in his arms.

"Don't you ever do that again. I cannot afford to lose you too." He said so quietly, I almost didn't hear him.

Before I could process his words, he lifted me up quickly, making me yelp and I subconsciously wrapped my legs around his waist.