Chapter 24 - Enraged

"Kathrina, meet Carter. He's quite young but he's been a dominant for two years." Ares informed me and my heart panged painfully.

Carter and I stared at each other. We were both dumbfounded.

"She's really your submissive?" Carter inquired, slowly turning to Ares.

"Yeah, and she's great."

"So, Carter, you came here to have a threesome with me?" I quizzed, folding my arms across my heaving chest.

He cleared his throat awkwardly and ruffled his hair, "Uh, well, yeah."

I went missing for over two months and he came here to have sex with another submissive who turns out to be me. He was going to cheat on me had I been another person.

My heart broke as I stared in disbelief at him. Tears pooled in my eyes as I bit my lip anxiously.

"Do you have a girlfriend, Carter?" I asked menacingly, narrowing my eyes at him.

He stared at me uncomfortably as he shifted his weight from one foot to another, "Um...I...I-"

"Alright, you've learnt enough about Carter. Now, stop interrogating him and let's do this," Ares cut in.

There was no way in hell I was going to have a threesome with my cheating boyfriend!

"Kitten," I muttered, glancing at Ares.

"What was that?" He questioned.

"Kitten," I repeated a little louder.

"Oh," He stated, getting up.

He turned to Carter and chuckled awkwardly, "Wow, that's the first time she's ever used her safe word."

Turning back to me, he stated with a nod, "Sure, no problem. Return to your room, then."

Casting one final glance at Carter whose saddened eyes stared back at me, I turned around and walked away.

As I ran to my room, I allowed the tears to fall freely down my face.

It was obvious Carter had moved on. He had forgotten all about me so quickly. He was willing to have a threesome with another woman while he had absolutely no idea where his girlfriend was.

Not only was he about to cheat on me, but he had been cheating for two years! How could he do this to me? We had been together for five years! I had never once cheated on him. My situation with Ares was totally different and it wasn't my fault! I was forced into this while he cheated willingly.

My heart broke into a million pieces as I cried face-down in my pillow. This ought to be worst heartache I've ever felt in my entire life.

How did he even know Ares? Carter was a photographer and Ares was a gang leader. How could they have crossed paths?

A gentle knock on the door pulled me out of my thoughts and I quickly wiped away my tears and forced a smile onto my face, "Come in!"

The door unlocked and Ares strolled in before coming to a stop a few feet away from the bed.

"Are you alright?"

I nodded, widening my plastic smile, "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"You didn't seem too happy when you met Carter. Did you feel threatened by him or something?" He questioned in concern.

I forced a laugh that unexpectedly came out high-pitched, "Threatened? Pfft. Why would I?"

"Okay, so why didn't you want to do the threesome?"