Chapter 2- To live or to die

My eyes fluttered open and I immediately felt a stinging headache which caused me to groan. I slowly sat up, my palm pressed against my thumping head and looked around.

Wait....where was I? Why was I not in my room?! I glanced around the room frantically and in panic before the events of last night came rushing into my memory. Oh, I was knocked out with a gun by that handsome hunk and he... he kidnapped me! Oh my God! I'd been kidnapped! Wait...was I raped? I glanced down at my legs and noticed I was still in my jeans and t-shirt. I released a breath of relief.

I jumped out of the really comfortable bed and ran towards a door on the far end of the large room. It led to a bathroom that was bigger than my room back at home.

I rushed towards the other door in the room and tried the lock but it wouldn't budge. I was locked in with no way out as there were no windows in the room. I was imprisoned.

I pounded on the door rapidly as tears raced down my cheeks in panic and fear. I wanted to go home! I wanted to cuddle with my Carter who would whisper sweet nothings in my ear and make me feel safe. I wanted to get out.

I didn't stop pounding on the door till I heard footsteps on the other side.

The sound of the door unlocking filled the room and I stepped back cautiously. The door flung open and a tall, muscular, buff man entered the room, scowling at me in annoyance.

"Good, you're awake. The boss is waiting for you in his office." He stated, his voice laced with no emotion.

I scowled at his unfriendly demeanour and spat, "Tell your boss that I ain't going no where."

He growled almost animalistically and approached me slowly, making me swallow a huge lump in fear, "Little girl, he is a man that you certainly don't want to play with. Don't make me drag you out of here."

I decided to give up the tough girl act as I was pretty sure this giant could knock me over with just one blow from his mouth.

I followed him out the door and down a long hallway. My stomach grumbled in hunger as we walked in silence. I wanted to ask him how much further but I dared not.

Eventually, he stopped at the end of the hallway in front of a large door. He opened the door, glanced quickly at me before shoving me inside the room.

I stumbled inside the room with a frightened yelp and I turned around to call him 'rude' but he had already closed the door. Jerk!

I turned around to review my surrounding when I noticed the hunk from last night seated behind a big, office desk with a brown cigar held between his lips and his feet propped up on the desk. He was staring straight at me, intensely, and it made me feel uncomfortable.

I gulped and looked away, taking interest in how large the room was.

"Come here." The man's voice boomed with authority and even though I was afraid of him, my feet moved as something about him screamed power and dominion.

I stood directly in front of his desk and stared at it, daring not to look at him.

"What is your name?" He questioned, removing the cigar from his luring lips.

"Kat."

"Not your alias. Your full name."

"Kathrina Bello."

"Kathrina..." He trailed off slowly as if testing my name on his tongue.

"Look at me." He ordered and I slowly raised my head to meet his cold, green eyes, "Do you want to live?"