26 - Loose Ends

If you haven't heard Even When/The Best Part yet, what's wrong with you?

I made a little part about it in my More Nonsense book (HSMTMTS Season 2 pt 22).

🍪🍪🍪

The Salazar-Roberts family prepare themselves as Ricky's about to add another part to his story. Nini gently puts her hand on his leg as he starts talking.

"We woke up in a place we didn't recognize; I was blindfolded, handcuffed, gagged, and confused. After a lot of struggle, we were free. Kinda. After looking around, we were in another submarine, which belonged to whoever invaded ours. I was with three other members of my team, and two of them were missing. We stood there confused while trying to find a way out; the middle of the ocean seemed safer than that sub. After attempting to find an exit, one of my teammates, Justin, finds a door. It was watertight, and there wasn't anything around we could use to open it."

Ricky swallows hard as this event rushes back to him. "As we're talking about what's going on and trying to make a plan to get out, the door opens. This man comes through with a full-body suit on, and all we could see were his eyes. He grabs Justin by his collar, and I try to help him, but the next thing I know is I'm on the other side of the small sub room, and there's a burning sensation in my chest." Ricky subconsciously starts touching the spot without noticing, but the others do.

"He had this insanely powerful taser that... it felt like my insides were burning. Another teammate, Kira, was also hit by it. She fell next to me, and when we got back up, the man sprayed something in our faces, and we fainted again."

The three of them stare at Ricky, stunned. This room had the same atmosphere as when he first told the gang about the submarine. It wasn't that much more to the story, but it was still heavy and a lot for him. "So... any more questions?" He was taking quiet, deep breaths, so no one would hear him.

Lauren and Jayden were stunned. They never would've guessed this is what would happen in their life in a million years. "Um, no. No questions on that at least," Lauren says.

"We do have a few more," Jayden says.

"Ask away," Ricky tells them.

"These are more of just loose ends we'd like tied up. Starting with how'd you guys meet?"

Ricky and Nini smile at each other. "First day of kindergarten?"

"Yeah, pretty sure," Nini confirms. Jayden's eyes come out of his head a little. Geez, how long ago was that?

"You guys met in 2008!?" Lauren says, having just done the math. God, it's 2040!

"Uh, sure. I've never been great with numbers," Ricky chuckles.

Nini playfully slaps his arm. "Yes, she's correct. And I don't wanna hear any old jokes," she says, mainly at Jayden.

"I wasn't gonna say anything!" he defends.

"You were thinking it," she counters.

"Anyway, when she introduced herself, I mispronounced her name as Nini instead of Nina," Ricky explained with a smile. That was one of the best days of my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It was one time! There's no need to bring it back up."