32 - Dinner

Wattpad has been kinda dead lately.

🍪🍪🍪

Nini sat in shock; she wasn't sure what to say. "Ricky... I- I don't know about that." She felt like things were moving a little too fast.

"It doesn't have to be anything formal. Just us here."

"Are you sure?"

"I am if you are."

"Ricky... that's a big deal. I mean... I just found out about it."

"You don't have to if it's too weird or uncomfortable right now."

She was nervous, nervous as hell. But she also knew they wouldn't be able to get anywhere without this. "L- Let's do it," she murmurs.

"A- Are you sure about this? This isn't an obligation."

Well, it kinda is. "Ricky, there's no point in waiting."

"So... when should we do this?"

"Probably as soon as possible."

Ricky wipes his sweaty palms on his jeans. "Ok. When?"

"Your choice."

I don't want to choose. "Well, what's most convenient for you?"

"It doesn't matter." At this point, let's just hope the next surprise isn't a nuclear bomb.

"Do you have any plans for Thursday?" She shakes her head. "Is that fine?"

"Yeah, it'll be fine." I hope.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few days later, Nini finds herself standing outside the Bowens' house. She takes a deep breath before knocking. A few minutes later, Mike opens the door. "Hey, Nini." He quickly hugs her before moving to let her in.

"Hey." When she walks in, Nini can't help but notice how quiet the house is. Most of the lights were off as well. "Where's Ricky?"

"I asked him to run out and get some groceries. This house's food supply isn't exactly the greatest," he chuckles. Nini laughs a little with him. "I'll be upstairs if you guys need anything." She nods at the older man as he goes up the steps.

A few minutes later, the front door opens, and in comes Ricky with a bunch of bags. Nini stands up and takes a few of them from him, following him into the kitchen. "Thanks."

"No problem."

"We have instant mash potatoes and chicken wings," he laughs.

"Quite the delicacy," she chuckles with him.

"There's also ground beef, beans, and other stuff for tacos if you'd rather have that."

"That might taste a little better."

"I can start making it if you wanna relax a bit."

"It's fine; I wouldn't mind helping." That way I can distract myself from the purpose of tonight. Nini walks over to the cabinet, grabs a pan for the beef, and preheats the oven. "Now, let's not leave anything unattended; the last thing we need is a kitchen fire."

"I'm not that bad of a cook."

Nini just glares at him. "Sure."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ok, I think the shells are about done," Nini says, peering into the oven.

"Good, I'm starving," Ricky says, grabbing the food from the fridge.