14 - Overdue

Longest chapter for this book so far. 2675 words

So let me get this straight: when the "fans" decided that drivers license is about Sabrina and Joshua, everyone turns on them. But when Sabrina decides to talk a little about it, and Olivia doesn't, everyone turns on her (Olivia) instead?? The toxicity is insane (just because something doesn't happen the way you want doesn't mean you should dislike these people. THEY ARE STILL PEOPLE). They aren't at fault here; it's the so-called fans that created this drama in the first place.

People aren't liking that Olivia hasn't said anything regarding the backlash Joshua and Sabrina have gotten because of the drivers license drama; their argument is 'why doesn't she just post something about not hating on Joshua and Sabrina? It's not that hard.'

Here's my answer: why doesn't the audience just butt out of their personal lives? That's not that difficult either, but it doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon.

God, the number of arguments I've gotten into about this on YouTube🤦‍♀️.

🍪🍪🍪

*One Week Later | The Beginning of Summer*
The party, if you could even call it that, was about to begin. Nini had some snacks, mostly junk food, out but didn't put out a lot because they are the most challenging group of people to prepare food for.

Nini's a vegetarian (tries to be vegan but mostly vegetarian); Kourtney's a pescatarian; Ashlyn's vegan but will sometimes eat fish; and Gina... oh Gina. It's hard to understand how that girl lives. Gluten-free, sugar-free, dairy-free, and egg-free... She survives solely on air.

Because of all this, everyone normally brings their own dish. The doorbell rings, and Lauren goes to answer it. "Mom, Kourtney is here!"

Nini comes around the corner and says, "I don't care how long it's been since we've last seen each other; it always feels like forever in between," to her.

"I know. It's really weird," Kourtney says.

"Where's Brody?" Nini asks.

"Business trip," Kourtney answers.

It's not too much longer until Big Red and Ashlyn come through the doorway. "Hey! This is our food contribution: whatever Ashlyn put in this tray," Big Red laughs, taking the dish to the kitchen.

"Don't say it like that. We both know you don't care what's in there as long as it's not poisonous!" she calls after him. Big Red playfully rolls his eyes, knowing it's true.

"Exactly, I've seen Big Red eat food off the floor trillions of times. The only things he doesn't eat is what he's allergic to," Nini says.

"Why are you all bashing on me? What about EJ, hmm?" Big Red chimes in.

"I'd say you two are about the same," Gina says, walking through the doorway.

"I'm sorry that I like food!" EJ exclaims.

"Is Mom complaining about how much you eat again?" Aidan adds.

"Who's side are you on?" EJ questions, arms crossed.

"I'm on the side that's giving me dinner."

"Like father like son I see," Kourtney observes.

Everyone continues chatting and catching up (meaning they talk about the last two weeks) until Seb and Carlos come in. "Everyone, calm down. I've arrived!" Carlos yells.