52 - Preparation

The twins were up in their rooms doing homework, which gave Nini a bit of a chance to be alone. She went out to the back patio and sat on the tiny couch. Her hands were shaking with anticipation as she pressed call on his contact.

It only took a moment before a voice came through. "Hey."

"Sorry if this is a bad time-"

"Don't worry. It's not like I have a full schedule."

"Yeah," she chuckled to herself. "Anyway, I wanted to ask when we'd be doing the whole... meeting thing."

"Oh, uh... I'm not sure."

"Are they up for it?"

"Yeah, I think so. I've talked about it with them. And the twins?"

"They've also said yes."

"Perfect then. When?"

"I don't know. They're kinda slammed with homework, so maybe on a weekend."

"Ok, that works."

"So... which day?" Nini didn't want to be the one to make this kind of decision.

"Whatever works best for you."

Fuck. "Um... next weekend?" Her heartbeat was echoing and growing louder in her ears as she waited for an answer.

"Yeah... yeah, I think that works."

"Ok... I'll tell them."

"Great. Me too. See you soon then."

"Bye." What the hell did I just sign up for?

*Next Week*
Nini felt like she was going to vomit. Two days; they had two damn days to prepare, and she didn't know where to start.

The twins weren't any better; it's not like they had a real idea of what they were about to get into, but meeting strangers in general was always stressful, especially since their life is so hectic. To be fair, it's not like they had any experience with this type of... ordeal.

What stressed them out the most: their mother. Nini's frantic fearfulness scared them that much more about this whole shebang. She was jumpy and panicking a lot more, which did no favors for their nerves.

Nini had many questions rampaging around her head. How the hell do I do this? How the fuck do we do this? Will everyone hate each other? Is he going to introduce them as his wife and son already? Or is that for a different time? This is all happening so fast. Am I the only one freaking out? She felt like she was just going to explode soon.

She has ranted to her friends and mothers about this during the time leading up to it, but it's not like they could give her any advice, only reassure her that this would go smoothly (not that she believed any of it).

"Can you guys come down here for a second?!" Nini shouted up the stairs.

"Yeah!" they both answered.

Nini was sitting on the couch as she waited, listening to their footsteps pounding on the stairs. "What'd you need?" Jayden asked, plopping down on the couch.

"I just wanted to check up on how you're... preparing."

"Well... what do we need to be ready for?" Lauren asked.

Nini shook her head and sighed. "I don't know. There are so many different ways this can go. I know this is nerve-racking... especially with the circumstances, but all I ask is that the bickering is kept to a minimum. And if you start to feel uncomfortable, just tell me."