59 - Ecstatic

Early post because why not?😁

The title was once again last-minute. I couldn't think of anything else.

🍪🍪🍪

Nini went back inside with a smile on her face. She was surprised to see the twins still on the couch. "What are you two doing?"

"How do you think it went?" Lauren asked, ignoring the question.

"I don't think you two have anything to worry about. It went well. Really." She went over to them and forced her way to sit between them. She wrapped them both in a hug and whispered, "Thank you for doing this." They didn't know how to respond, so they just hugged her back tightly.

When they pulled away, Jayden said, "Now I'm hungry."

"You're always hungry," Lauren interjected.

Nini laughed and said, "I haven't been to the grocery store in a while, so let's see what we can come up with."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After they had finished eating, Nini went up to her room to FaceTime Kourtney. "Kourtney!" Nini said excitedly once she answered the phone.

"Yes?" she asked suspiciously.

"Ricky asked me on a date!" she whispered yelled, careful of her children overhearing.

"Holy hell, no way!"

"Mhm!"

"Tell me everything. What happened? When? How?"

"Well, I had brought up the idea a while ago but then kinda stopped entertaining the thought because so much was happening, but then... he asked today if I was still interested."

"Oh my god, what are you planning to do?"

"I don't know, but I like knowing that we're somewhat on the same page."

"I take it the twins don't know," Kourtney guessed.

"Obviously not. I don't want them knowing; what if it were to end poorly? I don't want them jumping to any sort of conclusions."

"Of course. So you're good after all the, uh... reveals?"

Nini tilted her head. "Yes, I'm good after... everything. It was a lot, but it's not like he had much control."

"Ok, enough chit-chat about that; on to the more important stuff: what are you wearing?!" she squealed.

"I don't know what we're doing yet or when it's happening, so you don't need to plan anything just yet."

"Have you told anyone else?"

"No, it's just us. And it's going to stay that way," she said sternly.

"I swear," she said with her right hand raised. "Now, any more details?" she said in a sing-song voice.

"Um, I don't think so. Ok, enough about me; how-"

"Uh, excuse me, but you can not just say enough. Your life is like a soap opera without all the creepy almost-incest relations."

"Thanks?" she said, confused.

"I mean that we're never going to be done talking about Ricky's reappearance."

"You make him sound like some old recurring character."

"Recurring might be a bit of a stretch. Fifteen years, remember?"

"You're the one that said reappearance." They both giggled, and Nini rolled over onto her stomach. "I'm so happy, and nothing has even happened yet," she gushed.