5 - Happy Birthday

Again, sorry if anything pregnancy-related is wrong. There is a very high chance I don't know what I'm talking about.

Also, I recently posted a chapter on Nonsense about my predictions if Julie and the Phantoms get a season two. It's not the newest chapter, but it's relatively recent

🍪🍪🍪

Nini
I'm going on eight-ish months now. My birthday is coming up, and Kourtney said she wanted to do something special. I was fine with it, as long as I don't have to move much; my back hurts a lot more now along with my feet.

About a month after the first gender reveal appointment, we found out the other baby was a boy. I couldn't believe it, a mini Ricky running around.

I cried probably the most in a while last month. My fingers were swelling, which meant I was forced to take off my promise ring. As much as I didn't want to, it wasn't my choice. It felt weird to not have it on anymore. I put it in the ring box along with the skateboarding ring.

We've already changed the guest room into a nursery. After finding out I was having twins, everything doubled. Two cribs, two car seats, two high chairs, and many sets of clothes. The house filling up with all the baby stuff reminded me that Ricky wasn't here to experience this alongside me.

I cried a lot when I was going through my box of Ricky stuff. Pictures from forever ago, rings, flash drives, and letters were in there.

I also threw in the pick he gave me the night of our opening production of High School Musical. It's hard to believe that was six years ago.

*February 20, 2026 | Nini's Birthday*
I slowly get out of bed and quickly get dressed. I make my way downstairs and see my moms are already up.

"Hey," I yawn out. "Why are you guys awake? I'm normally the first one up." It's not that I like waking up early, but the children inside of me have other plans.

"Well, we wanted to give you breakfast in bed, but since you're down here..." They turn around with a stack of chocolate chip pancakes and a couple of candles.

"Aww, you guys didn't have to do this," I say.

"We wanted to do this. You've been so strong through these months."

These last eight months have been rough. But I've made it. We're nearing the due date, and I couldn't be happier. I'll finally get to meet the two lights of my life. Knowing they're there has helped me through a lot. As weird as it sounds, they help me feel closer to Ricky in a sense.

"Hey, how's the future mother and birthday girl?!" I turn around and see everyone file in.

"Better now that you guys are here." I go over and hug them all one by one.

We all talk for a little while before the front door opens again.

"Hey, Mr. Bowen," I say, hugging him.

"Nini, for the billionth time, call me Mike," he chuckles.

"Right."

"Anyway, I quickly stopped by to give you this." He holds up a small red box with a gold ribbon.

"Thank you. You didn't have to get me anything though."

"It's not from me," he says while smiling.

I raise my eyebrow, but then almost start crying when I see the name. Underneath the ribbon is a little piece of paper that says 'From Ricky'.