12 - Christmas

*December 2033*
It's been five years, six months, and nine days since The Letters first arrived. But who's counting? Certainly not Nini.

The twins are now seven, and their lives couldn't be better. Well, they could, for obvious reasons, but we don't want tears right now as it's five days until Christmas.

The three were currently decorating their tree, having put it off for a while. This year they were spending Christmas at EJ and Gina's because Aidan was being a bigger problem than usual, and they didn't feel like taking him to someone else's house.

Oh, was it forgotten to mention that they had their son?

Aidan Levi Caswell
October 3rd, 2030, at 6:53 am

Welcome to the World!

Aidan recently turned three, and let's just say it wasn't great. He was great in the beginning, behaved pretty well. However, in the past few months, he's begun acting out more. Originally, Christmas was to be held at Ashlyn and Big Red's this year, but Gina didn't want Aidan bringing havoc to their home, so everyone's going to the Portwell's.

"Any trouble he causes he gets from EJ," Gina would always say.

"Hey, not everything's my fault!" EJ would always try to defend himself from his girlfriend's jokes.

Sorry, fiancé's jokes.

No, they haven't gotten married yet. They want to, which is why Gina decided on giving him EJ's last name. He proposed when Aidan turned one, but every time they think there's time to plan their wedding, something interferes.

*Flashback*
Gina wasn't big on jewelry, so EJ had a hard time finding the right ring. After getting opinions from literally everyone (as in he asked his parents, Gina's parents, Ashlyn, Nini, Kourtney, Big Red, Carlos, and Seb) about what they thought of the ring he picked, EJ finally planned the proposal.

It was at their house, rose petals and candles making a path. Aidan was in his highchair because EJ wanted him to be included, even though he's only one and won't remember any of this. When Gina walked through, the ring box felt 100 times heavier.

"EJ, what's going on?" she asks, feeling like she knows what's happening. The house looked a lot like the setup EJ had for when he asked her to be his girlfriend. Once she was right in front of him, it was time.

"Gina, I'm just gonna come right out and say it: I love you, and I don't know what my life would be like without you in it. Sure, we've had some... surprises along the way," he starts. The two laugh a little while glancing over at Aidan. "But he's one of the best things that's ever happened to me. I can't imagine where I'd be right now without you two in it. I know you wanted to wait, but if I don't do this now, I'll chicken out later. So..." he gets down on one knee. "I'm asking if you, Gina Rose Porter, will marry me?"

She doesn't answer, instead nods her head frantically because she can't speak. He was glad it went well; EJ's not the type to come up with romantic speeches.

She pulls him in for a kiss, and he slips the ring on her finger when they pull away. Gina is staring at the ring in awe. It was a thin gold band with a small diamond in the center. "It's beautiful," she said.

"You haven't seen the best part," EJ said, turning her hand. On the side of the band was an engraving. Wonderstudies, it said.
*End of Flashback*

Right now everyone was at their own houses getting ready to head over to the Portwell's. Not many people know, but Gina can't wait until they can call their house The Caswell's.