87 - Holiday Gatherings

*December 2040*
Everyone was growing more and more excited as the days passed; winter break was coming soon, which meant no school, no work, and a nice break. It was already snowing too.

Nini was stressing out; it wasn't over their musical, which only had a few major mishaps (that's less than usual), but she was freaking out over her holiday shopping. They had all agreed that they were not obligated to get everyone a present, but they already knew each other very well and knew the gift exchange was going to get out of hand.

Out of everyone, she was freaking out the most over a gift for Ricky because she had zero ideas and not a clue where to start.

She had the bomb shelter to herself at the moment since Miss Jenn had already left as well as most of the students; she was just waiting on the twins to come to the room, so they could head home. She stared at the empty list of ideas in her notes app. She had the perfect person in mind to ask though.

She picked up on the second ring. "Hey, what's up?" Kourtney answered.

"Kourt, I desperately need your help."

"Hurry, I'm a little busy."

"Yeah, right, sorry, probably should've called later."

"It's fine. I'm doing inventory while Gina's at the front."

"I'll make it quick. I'm trying to think of gift ideas for Ricky, and I'm seriously struggling."

"Do you have anything so far?"

"Nope," she answered, popping the P, "not a clue."

"Is he still into skating?" she half-joked.

"I need a serious opinion."

"Ok, ok, um... clothes?"

"No, not for his holiday back."

"Dinner?"

"No, I want to do an actual item to commemorate the moment, not just the memory."

"Does the man have any hobbies?"

"Not that I know of."

"I'm out of ideas."

"That was fast."

"Well, it's not like I have a lot to go off of. Is he still into music?"

Nini was about to answer, but she was very unsure this time. "I- I don't know."

"Just ask him what he's into."

"How do I do that subtly?"

"You could have the twins do it. It could be like they're still trying to get to know him."

"Ooh, that could work; as long as they're comfortable with it. Kourt, you're a genius."

"I know," she chuckled. "Oh, you could also ask that, um... the woman he's living with."

"I don't have her number."

"Do you know where he lives?"

"Uh, yeah."

"Just go over there then."

"What? No. What if Ricky's home? Then it'll be awkward. Plus, I don't know her that well; I don't think I could have a conversation with her alone."

"You should've been thinking about this at Thanksgiving," she chortled.

"That dinner alone was stressful enough. I wasn't ready to think about the next holiday yet."

"I don't know what to tell you then. Maybe Big Red has an idea."

"Ooh, yeah, I'll try him. Wish me luck."