107 - Vision

I just noticed this book hit 40,000 reads. I can't believe people still read this book because I feel like it all went to shit about halfway through. Thank you to those who are still sticking around!!

This is a top-tier song from the album. I think it might be my favorite that's not a music video:

🍪🍪🍪

*June 2042*
Lauren and Jayden had gone to a friend's house. They had ended up at Kevin's place along with the rest of their little friend group. Everyone was shoved into his room as a movie played on the TV. Kevin and Lauren were sitting together on his bed; Jayden and Mia were together on a beanbag; and Laine and Alex had their own places.

Jayden had his arm around Mia, and her head was on his shoulder. He liked that this was a good distraction from what was happening at home. It had been about six months since the whole hypothetical wedding was mentioned, and he knew he told his mom that he was fine with her and Ricky getting married, but it was still new, and he didn't feel like thinking about all of that right now.

On the other hand, Lauren couldn't stop thinking about it; it crossed her mind at least once a day ever since. She stopped paying attention to the movie about twenty minutes into it. She leaned more into Kevin and thought about Ricky and her mom... how they probably looked highly similar to her and Kevin: two lifelong friends turned boyfriend/girlfriend.

Kevin glanced down at the brunette in his arms and realized she was completely zoned out. "Hey, babe, you ok?" he whispered to not disturb anyone else.

"Yeah, yeah. Just... thinking."

"What about?"

It took nearly six months after Ricky came back before Lauren or Jayden told anyone about him. It was a huge moment that they had decided to just keep to themselves; they weren't sure how to bring it up and didn't want to have to explain it to people. But they then wanted other people to talk to besides themselves or their mom's friends, so they ended up confessing.

She obviously didn't want to tell him about the whole marriage thing nor did she feel it was necessarily her place to, even if it would heavily influence her life; she did still want to be honest with him though. She shrugged and mumbled, "Some... weird stuff is happening at home. I'm just not sure how to deal with it." Lauren looked up at her boyfriend, trying to read his face.

"Well... I can't exactly help you with that information, but... just know that I'm here for you. Whenever you need to rant about something."

Lauren smiled and leaned up to kiss his cheek. "I know. Thank you." Maybe I should just tell him everything.

"Shh!" they heard. They looked toward the foot of the bed and saw Alex poking his head up. Kevin laughed and threw popcorn at him. "Oh, you want to play that game." Alex then came over and yanked a pillow out from under Kevin, slapping him with it; the two then got into a bit of a pillow fight while Lauren just laughed.

"Seriously?" Mia said. "You two can't do anything without breaking out into a fight."

"Well, they are children," Laine added.

"Place your bets," Jayden said.

"I bet his parents will hear the noise before they can declare a winner," Lauren joked.

The brunette twin turned out to be right. After Kevin's dad yelled at the kids to be quiet, they went back to the movie.

Lauren continued to think about her mom and Ricky. He was their dad; it only made sense for them to be together. But she couldn't shake the strange feeling. What did this mean for their future? How much was going to change?