4 - I Don't Know

Nini
*One Week Later*
"Are you going to...?" Mama C started.

"Yes, I am."

"You're welcome to stay here as long as you need."

So... it's true. I'm somehow pregnant. I mean... I know how, but reality hasn't sunk in yet.

"We can turn the guest room into a nursery," Mama D says.

"Thank you but don't worry, I've been looking into places of my own," I say.

They both shake their heads. "Don't focus on that right now. Just focus on getting rest. We're with you every step of the way."

In a matter of seconds, they're by my sides, and I'm sobbing. "I don't know what I'm going to do. Not a single clue. I don't know how to be a parent, let alone a single one."

"You have us, and all your friends to help you along the way."

"I haven't even told them yet."

"Do you want to?"

I'm honestly debating on how long I'm going to keep this from them. "It's gonna come out eventually, but I want to put it off." They nod their heads understandingly.

"Don't worry, we won't tell them."

That's how the next week or so goes. Someone normally comes by wanting me to go out with them, but one of my moms stops them at the door. The excuse so far has been severe food poisoning. I know at some point they'll want more answers, but I'm not ready for it.

My moms are being a little more strict with the whole eating thing, but that was expected. I have been doing better about it. I still don't want to leave my bed though.

Kourtney
"I thought you wanted her to get out of bed?" I ask Carol.

"We do; now's just not a good time."

"Ok, tell me if there's anything I can do."

I walk away, suspicious. I head to the bowling alley to meet up with everyone else.

"Hey, any luck?" Big Red asks.

"No, Carol stopped me."

"Again? Something is definitely up with them. What do you think could've happened?" Gina asks. I shrug my shoulders.

Nini
*Three-Four Months Later*
I've managed to make it for almost four months. Not gonna lie, it's been extremely hard. I've had too many breakdowns to count. My moms are still the only people that know. But I am starting to show, so the time to tell everyone else is coming. I thought it was too early for my bump to become noticeable, but my moms kept telling me it probably has something to do with me being such a small person.

I now work at East High alongside Miss Jenn in the drama department. Yes, she's still there. It was probably the simplest and easiest thing I could do in my state. I'll have to tell her at some point too.

We're going in today to find out the gender, and I'm actually kinda excited. I think after today I'm gonna tell them. Well... at least tell Kourtney.

We make our way into a room, and soon Dr. Stone comes in. "Hey, Nina. I believe today is the gender reveal day, correct?"

"Yeah," I nod my head nervously.

"This is probably second nature for you, but lie down and the gel will be cold." I do as she says and watches as the baby appears on the monitor. In all honesty, it just looks like a blob.

She carefully puts the wand on my stomach and waves it over. "Would you like me to tell you or put it in an envelope?"

"Now, please. And pictures," I say. She nods her head and continues looking at the screen.