105 - Permission?

Another missed update. Is anyone surprised anymore?

🍪🍪🍪

Ricky was... in a small panic.

His father was doing ok, but he wasn't sure how long this stage of stability was going to last.

He was at Nini's house to spend some time with the twins, and it was going well. The three of them were playing video games in the living room as they had so many months ago, and Nini was watching from the kitchen as she sipped her tea. She adored moments of just the three of them; it made her heart soar that the twins were so accepting.

Jayden had decided on Rocket League, which had been the only game they have played the entire time. Lauren was keeping score on her phone: Jayden had four wins; Ricky with three; and she had four.

The current game was between Lauren and Jayden since they were tied. All three of them were acting like children, screaming at the top of their lungs with each moment. "Come on; come on; come on; come on!!" Jayden screamed, standing and leaning in closer to the TV. Lauren was completely silent as she focused, leaning forward on the couch.

Nini walked to the couch and leaned over the back of it to hug Ricky from behind and kiss his head. "I love moments like these," she mumbled. The twins were completely oblivious to what was going on.

"Well, I just so happen to love you."

She chuckled and brought one hand to the top of his head to play with his hair. "So cheesy."

"You love it."

Her hands lingered on his shoulders as she went around the side of the couch and sat next to him, curling into his side. His arm wrapped around her, and he kissed her temple. The two are brought out of their little bubble when the twins started screaming.

"Yes!!"
"No!!" They looked at the screen to see that Lauren made the next goal.

"Hey, what do you guys want to eat?" Nini asked.

"Doesn't matter," Lauren answered.

Nini got her phone out and looked through the fast-food apps on her phone. "McDonald's?" she asked. The only response was the clicking of controller buttons and joysticks.

Ricky chuckled at how focused they were and said, "I think that will be fine."

Nini began scrolling through the menu, adding items for everyone. "I think this is enough," she said, showing Ricky her phone.

"Yeah... that's a lot of fries."

"You'd be surprised how much they can eat."

She stood and went to the kitchen to grab her purse and keys. "Hey, do you want me to go get it?" Ricky offered, following her.

"Don't worry about it; it's fine. Plus, you're still playing with them."

"Are you sure?"

"Mhm." She stood on her toes to kiss him on the cheek. "I'll be right back."

Ricky watched her leave the house and then saw her car go through the window. He knew he looked like a teenager in love for the first time with a childish smile. Well, Nini always made him feel like he was experiencing love for the first time; it always felt new and exciting. After all, she was his first (and only) love.

He went back into the living room, glancing at the score between the twins. Jayden was up by one with only one minute left of the match. "Ooh, has he finally bested the master?" he joked, leaning on the back of the couch.