110 - Forever

I FINALLY UPDATED AGAIN!!

🍪🍪🍪

*May 2043*
It's been almost a year since Nini and Ricky got engaged, and once the news had reached everyone, they were all on the edge of their seats as they waited to hear about a wedding date. The couple liked where they were, not feeling pressured to rush into a giant expensive party.

It's also been three years since Ricky first came back, and Nini wanted to do something for it. Ricky completely disagreed, brushing off the date and saying it wasn't worth making a big deal out of because their lives were going up now... but that didn't change Nini's mind.

She was going to respect his wish of not doing some giant celebration, which wasn't what she had in mind anyway. It was going to be a family night of video games and fast food. (She was planning on inviting Nia and Noah too.)

Everything was being set up perfectly. Everyone knew about it and was excited. Ricky has started working more mornings, so he'll have the rest of the day to do what he wants; it was just a matter of time before he would show up.

"Ok, I think this is everything," Nini said, looking around the living room.

"Mom, the entire coffee table is covered with junk food," Jayden observed. "It's perfect!"

"Ooh, and can we get a pizza later too?" Lauren added.

"Yes," Nini approved, "but let's see how this starts first."

The doorbell rang, and Nini went to answer it; Noah and Nia were on the other side. "Yay! I'm so glad you guys could come."

"Well, I found out my mom wanted to do a giant party in celebration," Nia said, "and that was the absolute last way I wanted to spend the day."

"Ricky said the same thing," Nini added, "which is why this is happening."

"Hi, Nini," Noah waved.

Nini waved back and said, "Long time no see, Noah. We are so happy to have you and your mom over."

Noah was eleven now, and he had grown quite fond of his extended family. He hadn't seen them in a couple of weeks and honestly missed them. He was excited when his mom said they were visiting again, especially since it was a party for his dad.

When Ricky and Nia sat him down to tell him that Ricky and Nini were engaged and that he would be moving out after the wedding, the boy threw the biggest tantrum that he had since they told him they were moving from New York to Salt Lake. After a couple of weeks of the silent treatment, he eventually came around to speaking to his parents again.

It was difficult for the two adults to see their son so torn up over something, but they knew it was inevitable. Ricky just had to have an extremely long conversation with him about everything, and it appeared to be sorted out. Ricky reassured the boy that this was not going to change their relationship at all; the only difference would be that the three of them wouldn't be under the same roof anymore.

Everyone found a place to sit and began eating the snacks that were put out while they waited for Ricky to arrive. Nini kept anxiously checking her phone, knowing when his shift ended and looking for a text.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ricky got into his car and leaned against the headrest for a minute. Today felt like the longest hours of his life; there was a major lunch rush, and he hasn't been able to sit down in a few hours. His knees popped when he sat in the car. He must have been so focused on money and getting his life together that he doesn't remember the rushes being that bad.