62 - Inkling

After dinner, they got into a little argument over who should pay, but it was settled quickly; Nini somehow managed to win, convincing him to split the bill.

They were standing outside of the restaurant as many other cars began pulling in. "I had fun," Nini told him.

Ricky nodded and said, "Yeah, me too." They had stayed for two hours, eating for one and talking during the other. The sidewalk they were standing on was beginning to become cramped as more people passed them, ready for dinner. "Let's move down some," he said, guiding her away from the front door.

They were standing on the corner of the sidewalk, a darker and less crowded area. "So... how would you feel about doing something like this again?" Ricky asked.

"Do you mean eating or spending time together?"

He shrugged and smiled. "Whatever you want to call it."

"Yes, I'd love a second date."

Ricky bent down a little to hug her; his arms held her waist while hers wrapped around his neck. He wondered if she could feel his racing heart. When they pulled away, they stood there for a moment before he asked, "Do you, um... Do you have anywhere to be after this?"

Nini shook her head. "No, why?"

"C- Can we do one more thing before the night is over?"

She nodded. "Mhm. What'd you have in mind?"

"Follow me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nini nervously tapped the steering wheel as she followed behind Ricky. She recognized the roads they were going down yet still wasn't certain of the destination.

She saw his left turn signal come on; it was a gravel path. She then knew exactly where they were going. They both pulled into the closest lot and parked right next to the other. "What do you think?" Ricky asked when he got out.

"This is lovely," Nini said.

"I figured it'd be nice to come here when we're both sober," he chortled.

Nini chuckled and put her head in her hands. "Are you ever going to let that night go?"

"No, no I'm not."

"God," she mumbled. Nini had forgotten about most of that night the morning afterward; she was kind of hoping he would too.

"Shall we?" he said, outstretching his hand.

"We shall," she smiled and giggled, taking it.

As they walked there, Ricky kept looking around; there was one other car here, but it was parked in the other lot, far away from them. He could tell there wasn't anyone in it and assumed they were simply walking through the park. That's what he hoped.

Nini looked up at him and thought the moonlight highlighted his jawline perfectly; she always found his physical features unrealistically stunning. She could tell that he had messed with his hair on the way over here since curls were now falling to his forehead; it was a lot more disordered than at Olive Garden, but she liked it better that way anyway.

They continued walking until they made it to the volleyball nets and lake, their feet sinking into the sand with the first step. Nini shivered, which Ricky noticed instantly. "Do you want my jacket?" he asked, already taking it off.

"No, it's-" It was off, and he was holding it open for her to put her arms in. Nini smiled and put it on. It was big for her; that was no surprise (mainly the sleeves).