95 - Every day

Late to update 'cause of work. Whoops

🍪🍪🍪

The next morning, Nini feels herself waking up. She sighs heavily, not wanting to actually get up. She refuses to open her eyes yet smiles thinking about the previous day. She reaches around in the bed yet her eyes fly open when all she feels is the cold sheets.

She sat up and looked around, completely puzzled. Where did he go? The bathroom door was open, so he wasn't in there. She got out of bed, becoming disheartened when she saw his shoes were gone from the door. She turned her phone on and didn't see any texts from him and felt even more despondent. She went to the window and saw that there was still plenty of snow in people's yards yet not tons on the roads. She couldn't see the driveway from her room, so she decided to go downstairs and see if his car was still there.

Nini turned her doorknob slowly, knowing the twins were still asleep; it was nine in the morning. As she tiptoed down the stairs, she heard noises coming from the kitchen. She peeked around the corner when she made it to the bottom and smiled when she saw Ricky standing over the stove. He was entirely engrossed in whatever he was doing. He was still wearing the same outfit as yesterday, so she took that as a sign that he hadn't left the house yet today.

Nini made her way over to him, and he jumped a little when he turned around. "Oh, h- hey," he stuttered. "I, uh... I was hoping to get this done before you woke up, but, um... here we are," he shrugged. His eyes quickly flickered over her body, and he grinned, still loving the way his hoodie was slightly too big for her.

She noticed his eyes too and giggled at his babbling. He's too cute for his own good. "What'd you make?" she wondered.

"I just looked through the cabinets to see what you had. I- I hope that that was ok. I wanted to do something for you since you let me stay."

"No repayment necessary," she said instantly. "You can come here anytime you want. You're always welcome."

Ricky smiled. "Well, I have pancakes, eggs, and sausage biscuits. I- I'm assuming you're still a vegetarian, so I can just put the other sausages in a container for the twins to eat later," he rambled. "There wasn't any, uh, vegan meat breakfast foods that I could find, b- but I hope you like it anyway."

Nini's heart melted at his kindness and boyish grin. He was obviously proud of himself for what he had made, even if he was nervous about presenting it. She then laughed a little at the situation. Get a grip; you're literally swooning over food. "Everything looks and smells perfect," she complimented.

"Great," he grinned. "It's almost all done." He turned back around and continued stirring eggs in a pan.

Nini went over and hugged him from behind, getting on her toes to press a tender kiss to the back of his neck. She heard him sigh, and one of his hands came over hers. The perfect person. She let go of him and went to grab plates from the cabinet. The grin on her face wasn't going to disappear any time soon. She has dreamed about a situation like this for years: an ideal future where they would get to be together every day. This wasn't exactly like her fantasies, yet she was still enjoying the moment.

Once everything was done, they sat together on the couch and ate the delicious breakfast Ricky had made. Nini complimented him on his cooking, a little shocked that he had seemingly improved.

"Nia still says I'm shit at cooking," he laughed.

"Well, I guess it just depends on the situation. Like, I don't have much confidence in you making a whole dinner," she giggled.

"Hey! I'm not awful."

"Agree to disagree."

They laughed as they continued to eat. They were both silent as they enjoyed the food, not wanting to talk with their mouths full. They both had a few thoughts about the conversation that was going to occur after all the food was gone.