27 - Falling

Guess who has three days of school left? I'm so excited!!

Ok, I saw this somewhere else, but I liked it, so I'm sharing it here: I like how the duet between Ricky and Nini is two songs put together instead of the typical thing of characters magically singing the same song when they're nowhere near each other. (I know they're on the phone with each other but still; they're not in the same room.) It's as realistic as random singing can get.

🍪🍪🍪

*One Month Later*
Ricky's been back for about a month now, and things were... well, it was something. The twins were still very shy around him, which was expected. He was over every few days, not wanting to overstep too much (his reasoning). This also meant he and Nini were spending more time together. A lot more time.

It was never anything big, just some dinners or the occasional gathering of everyone, which was much more relaxed than just the four of them.

Everyone, meaning the adults, was growing used to having Ricky around again. Yes, it's still a little strange at times, but things were moving in a positive direction.

Ricky's nerves have been going down far too slowly for his liking. He was still a pile of jelly when he'd see the twins, scared of screwing up more than he thinks he already has.

During group hangouts, the others would notice the way Ricky would look at Nini when she was talking or just anytime at all; it was like they were teenagers again. Nini's eyes resembled that same look even if she didn't know it.

The thing is Ricky knows, or at least has an idea of, what he looks like when he would start zoning out while looking at her; she's been one of the only thoughts on his mind for the past decade and a half.

Nini is subconsciously falling for Ricky again, and her friends know it; they can see it in the short glances from across the room and when he's talking, not to mention the overall look in her eyes. They were in their 30s; having them admit their feelings should not still be this difficult. At some point, Nini ends up being cornered. "We need to talk," Kourtney says.

"Ok, shoot." The twins were up in their rooms; Jayden was playing video games, and Lauren was listening to music, so the chance of them overhearing was slim.

"We need to figure out where your relationship with Ricky stands," Ashlyn says.

"How are we supposed to do that when I don't know what we are."

"Nini, be honest," Seb says.

"I am!" she defends.

"I don't think you are," Gina says.

"What is this? High school?"

"Nini, you're falling for him again. Yes, it's only been about a month, but we know you. And him! He is too," Ashlyn says.

"Guys, I appreciate the watchful eyes, but there's no need for that."

"So you're telling me that nothing has happened that could mean something more?" Kourtney questions.

Oh yeah, we kissed... and neither of us minded. "Nope, nothing."

Gina squints her eyes at Nini. "You're lying; something happened."

Nini knows she'll never hear the end of it after she tells them, but she also knows they'll never drop it if she doesn't. "So, um... when I first told Ricky to come over so I could tell him everything, something might have happened right before he left." She quickly looks around the room at them before talking. "We, um... we kissed." She barely says it, but it comes out. Not only does the word manage to make its way out, but everyone else heard.