➥ Take My Bed

Warnings: Awkwardness, worried!Tommy
SUMMARY: Worried #11: "Take my bed tonight, I'll sleep on the couch."

⎯⎯

The streetlamps did nothing for the darkness as you searched for a familiar face or home. You knew a lot of the people on Watery Lane due to the fact that you used to walk this way to school as a child. Maybe it was the chill in your bones or the lack of light on the street that made you run into the body, you didn't know nor care.

Apparently, the body cared as they let out a string of curses in an all too familiar voice. "What the fuck--"

"Mr. Shelby?"

"Y/N? Is that you? Bloody hell, I could have sworn you were about a foot shorter," You nodded as he walked beneath a streetlamp, "What're you doing over here at this time of the night?"

You shrugged, "I left home. I can't deal with my dad's bullshite anymore."

His eyebrows creased as he listened intently, "Have you got anywhere to stay?" You wouldn't lie, you were embarrassed when you shook your head no. "It wouldn't be odd for me to offer somewhere to sleep, would it?"

"No, of course not. I'm eighteen, mind you."

Thomas shook his head and sighed, "Alright, come on then. I'm sure we have some clothes that ought to fit you."

You had only been inside the Shelby house once before. When Finn Shelby pushed your brother a tad too hard and dislocated Henry's arm and Polly Gray had to pop it back in place. But it hadn't changed one bit, the house... it was still cozy and nicely decorated with a woman's touch.

"Take my bed tonight, I'll sleep on the couch."

"I can't do that,"

"Why's that?"

"I don't want to put you out in your own home,"

He shrugged, "Nonsense, you're in need of a good night's sleep and despite how small that fuckin' thing is, it's comfortable."