➥ Cheap Cigarettes

Word Count: 982
Warnings: Alcohol, smoking, cursing, mentions of smut
SUMMARY: You're the only one capable of ruffling Tommy Shelby's feathers.

She worked her way through a cheap pack of cigarettes,
hard liquor mixed with a bit of intellect

Thomas Shelby watched the woman with intent, he was intrigued to say the least. Her clothes didn't look dirty enough to be from the black cobbled streets of Small Heath, but her eyes said she's seen some things. Some sinister things, especially considering how much alcohol she downed in such a short amount of time.

Her cigarettes looked to be falling apart but she seemed to pay it no mind as she drank alone. A bubble of serenity seeming to surround the woman. John suggested that Tommy go over to her instead of watching like a hawk and despite not wanting to listen to his younger brother, Thomas was bored with their conversation.

Y/e/c eyes met his blue ones before he even said a word. Up close she looked even more tired, her eyes weren't as shiny as Tommy expected them to be, and the lipstick on her lips was faded... worn. "What's Tommy Shelby want with me?"

He hadn't anticipated her knowing who he was, in fact, Tommy was sure he'd never seen the woman before in his life. "I'm curious," He was well aware that the question he was about to ask could send him down the wrong path but he's Thomas bloody Shelby, nothing bad could happen. "Are you a whore?"

She seemed to shift in her seat before a sour expression grew on her face as she scowled at Tommy, "No, I'm not a fuckin' whore. If anyone is, it's you."

She's driving me crazy, but I'm into it, but I'm into it, I'm kind of into it

After their first meeting, it seemed Tommy couldn't escape the woman. He suddenly saw her everywhere he went. The pub, the marketplace, hell, even the bloody library he saw her face. But it seemed every time he went to apologize she would disappear.

And it drove him absolutely mad. Tom wasn't accustomed to not getting what he wanted... but the longer the chase went on, the more he found himself attracted to the idea of having to work for her attention.

When she's alone, she goes home to a cactus,
in a black dress, she's such an actress

The last place he had expected to see her was the theatre. Ada forced the entire family to attend the play, going on about the main actress being someone ethereal.

As soon as Tommy saw her up on the stage, acting out a fake funeral, he knew he was done for. Something about the way the dark color looked on her skin made him question his very existence.

Driving me crazy, but I'm into it, but I'm into it

Somehow, some bloody way Tommy managed to find her at the Garrison once more. She sat at the same barstool, smoking the same pack of cigarettes, drinking the same whiskey. The only difference was how she held herself. She seemed even more exhausted than their first meeting.

"If you've come to ask if I'm a whore, then leave me be."

"Not here for that," She seemed surprised by Tommy's tone of voice, he sounded woeful, sad, pathetic. "I've actually come to apologize for that."

Her eyes narrowed as she took a long drag from her cigarette. Tom couldn't help but looked at the way her lips wrapped around the fragile filter before she pushed the smoke out through the corner of her lips. "Tom Shelby apologizing? Suppose I must be a bloody whore then if you're sayin' sorry for something."

"Why would you be a whore?"

"You're obviously apologizing for a terrible shagging."

Thomas Shelby was in complete awe for what seemed the first time in his life, "I beg to disagree, you are a... thespian after all. I'm sure you could pretend to like me."

"Make me."

She sits beside me like a silhouette,
hard candy dripping on me 'til my feet are wet

And make her, he did. It was a strange, erotic night of anger fueled passion. Tommy found it entertaining how she asked him to call her a whore again and again after her getting so pissed the first time. There wasn't a moment when Tommy questioned her.

With each request, he happily obliged, admanent on proving that he could indeed shag well. Tommy didn't want to admit it, but she truly bruised his ego and pride when she said he was bad at shagging... maybe that's why he was so eager to please.

And now she's all over me, it's like I paid for it,
it's like I paid for it, I'm gonna pay for this

Tommy felt lost, in a constant daze. In between sleeping with Y/N and busting his balls for the family, he was losing track of time. Hours turned into days, days into weeks, weeks into months, into a year.

He felt himself becoming addicted to the taste of her lips, how sickly sweet they were. And how sinfully she used those lips... no longer did Thomas Shelby turn to opium and whiskey for release, he turned to the only woman he found himself trying to please constantly.

It's getting crazy, I think I'm losing it, I think I'm losing it
oh, I think she said "I'm having your baby, it's none of your business"

It was shocking, truth be told, hearing that she was pregnant. Tommy- unlike his brother John -hadn't knocked anyone up yet so when he heard the news during another drunken night, he was frozen. What does one do when they fuck up so monumentally?

Especially when the mother of his child was threatening to leave and never return. He had not a clue what to do... she fucked with his mind in the best (and worst) ways possible and he had no idea how to escape her clutches.