➥ Full of Life

Word Count: ~ 770
Warnings: FLUFF, Soft!Tommy, mention of guns
SUMMARY: Tom's been gone on business and when he finally gets home, your daughter Rose is beyond excited to see her father.

⎯⎯

Thomas Shelby was by no means, a loving man. Everyone knew that, well... except for his daughter. She saw a side of him that was only reserved for you for the longest time... but you saw the light in his eyes brighten at when he first set his eyes on your baby girl. How tenderly he held the bundle of joy in his arms like if he tightened his grip, she'd break. Thomas Shelby loved his daughter and wife so very much.

Young Rose Shelby, is only six-years-old and full of life, your daughter. Her great aunt Pol often commented on how much Rose is like Thomas when he was a child, so curious about everything. Recently, guns had become Rose's new fixation. Which meant you had to deal with your daughter eyeballing every gun she ever comes in contact with. (not that she's ever touched a gun)

This now meant that every firearm had to be locked up and no guns were allowed, Rose. Tommy found this hard to agree to since he liked having protection on him at all times. But Rose is at the age where she can reach the drawers in Tom's desk, hence the installment of locks on everything. Surprisingly enough, your daughter has figured out a way past the locks... by stealing... the keys.

You still wonder who in the world gave her that idea but no one will confess. Rose ran past you with a doll in hand, towards the front door, excited to see her father. "Dad!" Rose exclaimed as the door swung open, revealing the man you loved. His face lit up upon seeing both you and his daughter, dropping the briefcase onto the carpet to lift her into the air.

This was among your favorite sights, seeing Thomas just so happy always warmed your heart. You knew him before the war, very briefly since you were so young, but you saw how it changed him. But it seemed having a child brought some of the light back into the depths of his icy eyes. "What's mum doing over there, ask her Rose," Tom pointed Rose's hand at you.

"Just standin' there, dad!" Rose squealed and made grabby hands toward you. A chuckle escaped your lips as you crossed the room and picked Rose up out of Tom's arms, he used his free hands to shut and lock the front door. "Hi, mum." Rose kissed your cheek sloppily.

"Oi, that's my cheek to kiss." Thomas scolded teasingly and in typical Shelby fashion, she began kissing your cheeks much more. He father lifted her out of your arms and tossed her up, catching her with ease. You cringed at the sight and Tom gave you a mischievous look, it was strange... seeing him so happy. Things must have gone well in London.

Your husband pointed at you once again, "She thinks I'm going to drop you, do you think I'll drop you?" He asked Rose.

She shook her head, "Uh uh, you're so strong! Like a horse!" Rose laughed at her comparison and so did you.

"Oh, you think that's funny, eh?" Your daughter nodded excitedly as Tommy began tickling her, "Not so funny now, eh?" Rose squealed before running away from Tommy, beaming brightly. "That's not fair, running to mum is a sissy move!"

Rose hid behind you, giggling the entire time as she peeked behind your skirts at her dad, "He's just jealous I don't yell at you for grabbing me bum." You joked and Rose just gave you a confused look before screaming when Tom began stalking near, she ran toward the long hallway in fear of more tickles. "You're worse than her,"

Tommy smirked at you and placed a kiss on your lips, "But you love it," You couldn't deny it as he deepened the kiss.

"Missed you,"

"I missed you more." He replied.

The sound of someone gagging made you turn around in Tom's arms, Rose had a disgusted look on her face. "Ew! Nasty! Mum and dad are licking their faces again, Frances!" She shouted toward the maid who was passing, before Tommy's eyes narrowed.

"Sorry love, I've got a CHILD TO CHASE!" He raised his voice so Rose could hear, she got the memo and bolted toward the stairs. "Be careful, Rose!" Tom announced and she mumbled an 'I will'.

You shook your head at his antics but nodded, "You go and do that. And while you're at it, get her to brush those curls... she won't sit still for me." Tommy nodded and pressed one last kiss on your lips before going to find his daughter who was surely hiding beneath her bed again.