➥ Nothing But Us

Warnings: Insecurities, Fluffy!Tom, cursing
SUMMARY: Upon seeing you judge yourself in the mirror, Tommy reassures you that he loves you

⎯⎯

- You loved Thomas Shelby, a little too much sometimes and you were quite ashamed of it. Even though you're his girlfriend, you can't help the thoughts at the back of your head.

- Telling you that you won't be enough for him, that he'll leave you for Grace. Or that he'll go back to sleeping with Lizzie... you tried very hard to ignore them, but they just kept on repeating the same words over and over again, 

- "Not enough". 

- "Too much". 

- "Not his type". 

- "Whore."

- The last one was new, you hadn't thought of yourself like that until a drunken man spat it out at your back in the Garrison one late night. You'd been alone and never told Tom about it.

- How could you tell him that the people of Small Heath thought you, his girlfriend, was his personal harlot?

- Tom knows you well, so he can tell when you're in a rough patch mentally.

- "What's pestering you?" He had asked one day, out of the blue and it startled you.

- The cup in your hands shook at the sound of his voice cutting through the air. You two didn't talk much, it wasn't needed when you could speak with your eyes.

- He noticed everything, always. And it fucking annoyed you.

- You denied it, drinking your tea quickly to avoid the conversation.

- Tommy didn't press any further, until he noticed you staring at yourself rather intently in the large mirror that sat in your shared room.

- You were getting ready for one of the many charity parties Tom hosted, you both hated them but know that appearances are very important.

- He wrapped his arms around your waist and rested his head on your shoulder, something he often did.

- But it felt off, like he was trapping you so you couldn't avoid the question once more.

- "Are you alright, love?" 

- The worry made you cringe, you felt stupid for being so insecure but he's Thomas Shelby and everyone wants him in some capacity.

- You nodded, but Tom didn't believe you. He found your eyes in the mirror and smiled at you, placing a kiss on your cheek.

- "You're so beautiful," The praise made you blush and it didn't go unnoticed by the preceptive Tommy Shelby.

- His brow furrowed and he seemed to have figured it you, "Have you been questioning if you're beautiful or not, love? Is that what's wrong?"

- You couldn't deny it now, so you nodded sheepishly. Look away from the mirror.He'd turn your head to meet his eyes. 

- "You're the most lovely woman I've ever laid eyes on, there's no need to question it, Y/N."

- You knew this already, that's why you felt so dumb about it. Tears began forming in your eyes and Tom's eyebrows knitted together. "Y/N, love," He held your head between his hands. You'd apologize but he wouldn't have any of it. "No, no, don't cry, angel. There's nothing to doubt."

- "They called me a whore, Tommy..." This would anger him but he'd control it for the sake of you. 

- "Who? Wait- that doesn't matter right now, love there's no reason to be insecure. I love you, is that not enough?"

- You'd nod, of course, it is, but the whispering was just too much. "Of course, Tommy, you're more than enough, it's just that they say things."

- "Fuck them, alright? All that matters is you and me, eh? You're my fuckin' wife and if they have anything to say of value, they wouldn't be whispering that shite under their breaths like arseholes." 

- He'd make you feel better just by voicing how he felt for the first time in forever. "It's you and me against the world, Y/N/N. There's nothing but us and I'm fine with that because you're the nicest thing I've gotten from this shithole. You're all that matters." Tom would kiss your entire face and wipe away your tears before hugging you tightly.

- "You're all that fucking matters."