➥ Ms. Not-So-Innocent

Warnings: cursing, drinking, harassment
SUMMARY: Tom x Reader where she is Ada's friend and she is really kind and the brothers often make fun of her because she looks so innocent. One day they are in the Garrison and a man touches Ada but before the guys can do anything she goes full protection mode and punches him.

⎯⎯

"Tommy Shelby will be the bloody death of me," You mused while nursing your second glass of gin, Ada giggled loudly while nodding. "He thinks because I'm quiet that I can't defend myself."

"I second that notion!" She clicks her glass with yours, clearly wasted beyond saving because she's shouting. "That bastard keeps you on a leash these days, Y/N. I hardly ever see ya anymore," Ada leaned on your shoulder for support before you noticed how melancholic she looked.

Your eyebrows furrowed in concern, "Ada, my love, what's wrong?"

She looked like she was about to cry and it made your heart ache, "My arsehole of a brother took you from me, I miss the old days-" Her voice cut off as she jerked forward, you barely caught her before realizing what made Ada jump.

A man stood behind her with a sickening grin on his face. The sight of the Shelby brothers making their way across the Garrison is what made you act. Before the man could say anything else, you knocked that smirk right off of his face.

The sound of your fist colliding with his jaw was loud and gross, you knew you broke his jaw from the way he held it. The man laid on the ground as everyone around yourself and Ada quieted down, in awe of what just happened. "Touch another woman and I won't just break your fuckin' jaw, they'll have to wire it shut if there's a next time!"

It was unlike you to act out violently, especially against a man. You hardly ever spoke up about things that irritated you so the surprise evident on Tommy's face was valid. Your fist burned like hell but you refused to show your pain. "That extends to everyone in here! Touch someone without their permission and I'll personally make sure hell rains down on you!"

"Jesus, Y/N, who knew you had such a good right hook!" Arthur exclaimed loudly, the others in the pub still stared, "Well, go on then! Get back to drinkin'!" With that, the people began talking over one another again.

Ada's eyes were wide as she hugged you, "You didn't have to do that, Y/N."

"Yes I did, every fucker in here deserves to know their harassment shall not go on without consequence."

"Is your hand hurt?" Tommy's voice was low as usual as you shrugged it off, "Come in the snug so I can look at it. Pretty sure I heard the crack from over there."

Once inside the snug, Tommy took his time in examining your hand. "Guess you're not as innocent as I believed."

Your eyes rolled involuntarily, "Tom just because I'm meek don't mean I'm defenseless. I can hold my own just fine."

His rare chuckle sounded and it made you smile despite the ache in your knuckles, "Oh I know that now, Ms. Not-so-Innocent."