The Job

Hanabi's POV

I walked to the kitchen for a cup of coffee, I was really tired. Who knew eating steak with wine would make a girl really tired. As I walked, I smelt a delicious aroma in the air. Smells like waffles and bacon. Yum!

I peeked into the kitchen to see Gavin cooking. Wow! I never knew he could cook, where his twin didn't know the first thing about it.

"Just in time for breakfast Hana," he said as he noticed my presence.

I just chuckled as walked to him. "Isn't the lady supposed to fix breakfast for the man?" I teasingly asked as I laughed at him wearing a cute apron.

"Well like my dad say, the ladies deserve a blissful life for their ladies," he turned off the stove and kissed my hand.

I blushed and plastered the sweetest smile I had to him. He's sweet, way sweeter than Gusion. All I can say now, that Gusion got some competition now. "Guess I have to learn to enjoy it from your mom," I said.

"She's my stepmom, I think you will able to learn on your own," he left a quick peck on my forehead. "Have a seat it will be done in a minute".

"Come on let me help a little," I pouted.

He chuckled as he finally gave in and let me make some coffee and tea. I smiled as I happily filled the jug with water and boil it. He came up from behind me and left a small peck on my cheek. I giggled at his sweet gestures. I wonder how the squad is dong?

*V.E.N.O.M. base*

Angela's POV

It quite silent here in the base without Hana. After she 'quit' the squad, it had been less lively here. I made breakfast since it was my turn to make them. As I start serving the food, Harley and Grock silently came into the kitchen with that bitter frown on their faces. Looks like I'm not the only one that missed her.

I served then the regular toast and eggs and juices. Grock started munching on his toast while Harley played with his food with the fork. "Don't play with your food Harley," I said as the food will be cold if he do that.

"I can do what ever I want Hana," he accidentally said my name wrong. "Sorry," he apologised, "it's quite less vibrant here without our marksman and you sounded like her".

"It's fine Harley. Well miss her too," I sweetly smiled at him as our leader came in.

His hair is way more messy than before and he looked way more tired. "Didn't get enough sleep again captain?" I asked as I put his plate in front of him.

"I was just thinking," he replied as he picked up his fork.

"I know that the 'breakup' was a hard decision to make captain; but it's for the best," I tried to comfort him.

"That's not worries me," he said as he looked at a live hidden camera recording of Hanabi.

The camera was cleverly hidden on her bracelet so, we could see what she sees. "Are you still worried that he is going to steal your girl again, Gusion?" Harley asked as he ate his toast.

"If we're going to be honest here, than yes," Gusion simply replied. "It's the most drastic decision to make, but we're on the clock of getting the cube. And Dr. Leo is getting more impatient".

"We all know, captain. We all have the same goal but need I remind you that one doesn't have that similarity," Harley reminded him.

"He is not wrong captain," Grock agreed.

Gusion sighed as he finished up his plate and walked back to his room. I really hope we win this time, I looked back at the live feed, seeing Hanabi eating her breakfast with Gavin.