Accompany

Hanabi's POV

Today is the day. The biggest event in the whole Land of Dawn and this will be the first time, that I will attend to; and of course I am the representative from the Scarlet Faction. I got ready as a maid escorted me to the dining room.

"Good morning, duchess," she greeted me, with a hint of tease in her tone.

I playfully rolled my eyes at her, "Very funny, princess," I sat down at the table.

Yes, I slept at Silvana's place for the night. Aamon told me that the men will be waiting at the venue and their partners will be arriving with the other women, and of course that includes me. Silvana would tease me from time to time, calling me duchess since my secret fiance personally send me here. Yup, even Silvana, one of my close friend, does not know that I am now engage to Aamon.

As we were eating, Fanny, Miya and Natalia, finally joined us for breakfast. "You both are early," Natalia commented as she sat beside me.

"Early to rise, early to get the best breakfast," I said as I took a bite at the most delicious croissant I ever tasted.

"Darn it! If I knew there would be croissants, I would have gotten up earlier," Fanny whined as she pouted.

I just smiled at her as I continued to tease her by continously munching on the croissant. I am certainly amused with the look on her face, she kept on staring at me with that silly pouting face; while she kept eating her eggs. I just let out a small chuckle as I gave her the last croissant on the tray. I watched her eyes widen like saucers as she ecstatic that she finally got to eat her favourite pastry.

"So, what's the agenda today, Sil?" Miya asked as she was munching on her toast.

"Well first the spa, just to get us refresh for the gala," she started.

"Oh, I do need a massage and aromatherapy bath," I said as I could image myself being relaxed in a nice scented bath.

"Then to the salon to do some touches on our hair," she continued.

"I would love to get a manicure," said Natalia as she looked down at her black painted nails.

Miya and Fanny are quite estatic of the idea of getting a makeover, but it really makes me uncomfortable. "Oh come on, Hana, it's not so bad," said Fanny.

"I'm a ninja, I do not enjoy those prissy girly things like makeup," I said as I drank some tea.

"If it is to impress Aamon, would you do it?" Silvana asked me with a teasing smirk.

I almost choked on my tea, but I quickly composed myself and replied, "Don't be silly, I heard the Baroque family will soon send their daughter to be wedded into the Paxleys".

"If I'm not mistaken, that daughter is Guinevire," said Natalia.

"And I heard, that Paxley is actually Duke Paxley, but Guin didn't know," Fanny added.

"Such ashame, she would be the most luckiest girl in the Land of Dawn," said Miya.

She is indeed right, if Guin knew that she was supposedly engaged to Aamon, but she didn't know her groom was him and ran away. The thought of him marrying Guinevire, really enraged me.

I was then snap out from my thoughts, when I felt on my shoulder. "Are you alright Hana?" Natalia asked me in worry.

"Yeah, just a bit in thought," I replied with a fake smile.

"I wonder, what if Hana's groom is actually Aamon," Miya asked as she began to imagine, in which her question made me blush.

"Actually, he is much more suited for our Hana than anyone in the Paxley family," Fanny gave her opinion.