Between Brothers

Hanabi's POV

My face was completely flushed, I can't deny or even hide the fact that I absolutely enjoyed and loved the kiss that I had with Aamon. Why does it feel so good and yet bad at the same time? I looked at Aamon and he was not smirking at all, but genuinely smiling at me as he was satisfied with just a loving kiss. I looked back at Gusion and I whimpered in fear as I saw anger and hate in his eyes, which cause my blood to run cold. Oh no, he's going into one of his frenzy.

And in just a flash, Gusion dashed towards us with his sharp neon green blade in hand. I couldn't move at all, as I felt something holding me in place as if there was something anchoring me to the ground. Aamon pulled me close to him as he threw a small blade at Gusion and I was again enveloped in the invisible cloak with him. He easily blocked the small blade, but his blade missed us when he tried to strike us. "Come out, you coward!" he demanded in anger as if he wanted vengeance on his own brother.

In his invisible cloak, Aamon quickly carried me to a safer place, far away from Gusion. "Stay here sweet flower," he ordered in a gentle voice, "I don't want a scratch left on your delicate skin".

I couldn't help myself anymore, I felt weak in the knees and I fell to the ground. The moment I saw Gusion dashing towards us, towards me, I felt like I really had done something wrong, something sinful, something forbidden. I didn't managed to hit the ground as Aamon caught me on time. I had put on a brave face in front of him, but now I no longer could hold it in, as I let my tears rolling down on my cheeks as I sobbed onto my hands.

I loved Gusion, yet I betrayed him, by loving someone else and both are his brothers. I wanted nothing more than to be at his side again and to fell his warmth around me again, yet I'm in the arms of someone else. I felt so dirty now, I'm disgusted with myself. Aamon gently wrapped his arms around me and I sobbed onto his hard chest, and he comforted me with soft and comforting whispers. Never in my life would I thought the great Duke of Paxley, Aamon Paxley, would comfort a bumpkin like me in his strong arms.

He just suddenly left light kisses on both of my eyelids. I was shocked, he actually kissed my tears away. When did he became so gentle? I remembered that he was rough around the edges and was really strict, I could still remember him, teaching me that being strict in training is the way to be a successful leader and warrior. That taught me a very valuable lesson and it made me admire him as my idol.

"Don't worry Hanabi, Gusion will still be alright. I'll discipline him for hurting you. Be good and stay here," he gave me a soft peck on my forehead before he enveloped himself once more in that cloak and disappeared from my sights.

I looked at my surroundings and I was in massive room, which seems to look like a bedroom, fit for a king. The walls are in a stunning shade of silver and purple, the floor is covered with blue a soft carpet, that if I take my shoes off, it would feel like I'm walking on a cloud. The ceiling had a crystal chandelier that it twinkles like stars in the night sky. On the left side of the room, had a beautiful carved door which I assumed that leads to the bathroom.

The furniture are too luxurious as the colours of the room as my eyes laid on a massive black sofa, a stunning white coffee tale and a huge television in front of it. The white wooden study table is big and book are neatly arranged, silver quilts are kept nicely in its special place. A huge collection of books are arranged in alphabetical order. At the center of this elegant room, a huge bed that could fit 5 people on it. The sheets are in a beautiful silver and the pillows are in a deep shade of royal blue.

I would assumed that I'm actually in Aamon's room. I would never imagine that massive room would be his room. I felt as my body shrunk in this gigantic room. I looked outside to witnesses the battle between the two brothers of the Paxley family.